Supercharge k20a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharge k20a

Just wondering if anybody has done this before? is it worth the money? how much on average will i be spending or should i be spending? and does supercharging affect fuel consumption cos ive been told its killer! thanks in advance =]
    Have you had your daily dose of VTEC?

a guy up in QLD did - by all accounts it was worth it...

i dont know much details, but i am sure peeps will be able to fill in the blanks for you...
    ... retired/

Comment

One of my favorite cars that I have driven, and bear in mind that I have driven almost EVERY supercar, is the supercharged MINI for back-street fun

I would definitely recommend supercharging a K20A, Jackson Racing do a package for around $5K. Its well worth it, it gives you more than doing a highly tuned NA setup, but you should match it to some good headers and exhaust, a VTEC controller to activate VTEC earlier, and change the cams to be better suited to forced induction.

With headers you'll be looking at 350hp.

I think it comes with some sort of fuel management as well, check their website.

(P.S. if anyone wants to be annoying and question me about how many supercars I've driven, I'll have to start a thread in the Lounge showing all the pictures I have of the cars I work on and drive at the Ferrari dealership.)

Comment

please leave your ego at the door blackDC5R - we don't give a crap how many supercars you may have driven...
        ... retired/

Comment

wtf? .........

Comment

speaking of supercharged dc5. have a look at this.......

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=5639

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              please leave your ego at the door blackDC5R - we don't give a crap how many supercars you may have driven...
              OMGWTFBBQ

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
                One of my favorite cars that I have driven, and bear in mind that I have driven almost EVERY supercar, is the supercharged MINI for back-street fun

I would definitely recommend supercharging a K20A, Jackson Racing do a package for around $5K. Its well worth it, it gives you more than doing a highly tuned NA setup, but you should match it to some good headers and exhaust, a VTEC controller to activate VTEC earlier, and change the cams to be better suited to forced induction.

With headers you'll be looking at 350hp.

I think it comes with some sort of fuel management as well, check their website.

I just wonder you would use a fuel management system and use a vtec controller at the same time?

wouldent the "some sort of Fuel management system" usually have a way of setting the vtec point already?

usually no one in their right mind would tell someone to use a vtec controller on a Supercharged car without the "some sort of Fuel management system" anyway!

and to be back on topic..

theres always the talk of the good and bad of FI.. imo its all down to the parts you use and who tunes them for you..

a guy up in queensland did it and was really happy for a while.. but havent heard much from the supercharge scene for ages..

its all gone to K20a swaps into Little Egs =P..

and with the "parasitic" supercharger bolted onto the 2 liter car talk.. well your engine will produce more power than the supercharger will Rob. so its not really a loss.

and the noise.. pure joy =P.. well i like it =P
                Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                Originally posted by tinkerbell
                if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

(P.S. if anyone wants to be annoying and question me about how many supercars I've driven, I'll have to start a thread in the Lounge showing all the pictures I have of the cars I work on and drive at the Ferrari dealership.)
                  So how many cars exactly?
                  sigpic
                  [GH-05-TR]

Comment

Hey Rayb3na.... wanna know if its worth while?

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAOqS7ghl1w
                    sigpic
                    [GH-05-TR]

Comment

Hi there, but i beg to differ on your view in regards to the mini.
                      i had one previously... and lets just say. i was very very very (cannot stress this more) dissappointed. it was BORING to drive... down low it was like a dog... and dont get me started on the interior. its only a fashion statement.

hopped into my dc2r, now that was a fun car for "back-street fun" and it was better on fuel, rawness, response and lastly, QUICKER.
                      "Success is 99% Failure"
                      Soichiro Honda.
                      sigpic

Comment

have allways thought about getting a SC for my teggy... would be awesome... but i only have video and word of mouth, but have never heard anything negative about them.

Mini... more of a car for "back-door fun" more like it... seriously... i would look into a Clio sport, 206 GTi 180 or even a Mk4 Golf GTi before a mini.

Comment

LOL I have a SC MINI Cooper S and a DC5 TypeS to drive...and I would take the TypeS out on most occasions!!...

I have driven the "said SC DC5R here in QLD"

My opinion, if you have the money and just want to SC a DC5, then just do it.
                          If you don't love it, at least you can say you've done it.

Comment

supercharge the K20!

..and bear in mind, ive NEVER driven a supercharged car....

Comment

supercharge a k20 but not on a dc5. just the wrong platform for that much power. the one in qld is a bit dangerous to drive. i drove it at 1/4 throttle and i was scared.
                              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Working...
                              X