Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Mounts are you using?

Hi guys,

Recently I changed my clutch to an exedy heavy duty sport organics and the mechanic discovered that my front mount was broken. He suggested placing inserts as it was the cheapest option.
    The day I pick it up I noticed the difference straight away, I could feel the engine was really held down and the responsiveness when placing my foot down on the gas was greatly improved.
    However what I did not like was the vibration that it was giving thru out the whole car. The cabin was shaking as though it was an earthquake and when switching on the A/C it insanely overwhelming.
    Oh I forgot to mention, before the inserts I had innovative mounts in place. I guess that contribute to the vibration as well. innovative mounts + inserts =

So I decided I to purchase OEM front mount again even though I know it going to break again.
    A month later, after some spirited driving i suspect its broken again.

I'm curious to know what other DC5R drivers are using for mounts and if they could the comment on the drivability. I drive my vehicle daily.

I was thinking about returning to all OEM mounts and placing inserts for the front and rear mounts. is that a good combination?

thanks
    Last edited by anthony38x; 18-10-07, 12:37 AM.

You must be driving really really hard for the font mount to break again with the combo of innovative.

I have innovative and oem front. With quiet a bit of spirited driving its still holding up strong.

Comment

some of us here in melb are trying the Polyurathane stock OEM engine mounts which have given good results so far..

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=2537

imo its just as good as aftermarket but with a very small $$ value..
      Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
      some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
      A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
      Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

try this maybe....
        http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=2537
        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
        sigpic
        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

WAYNE.....beat me to it!

Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
          sigpic
          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

i beat ya to it darren!.. ^_^
            Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Anthony,

Mo here

Man you must drive your car pretty hard to break so many mounts in so little time! LOL

I'd definitely try buying some OEM mounts and Polyurathane them...they are pretty solid and they don't vibrate as much as Innovative or OEM with inserts either.

Comment

I don't think I drive my car that hard I've seen people who treat their far worse than I do.

From what I've read, changing three mounts puts a lots of stress on the front mount causing it to break.

It's so annoying having soft mounts on this car. So troublesome!

Is there DYI for polyutherane filled mounts? I am not a very hands on type of person so maybe this isn't for me.

Comment

ive got the 3 piece innnovative mount kit.

since the rear mount has gone to shit, i replaced it with the stock mount and polyurethane filled the front and rear mounts.

its been 2 months and they seem to be holding up just fine.

Comment

Same problem as you... just put in a HD clutch and Toda flywheel... and the engine shack is CRAZY when changing gears.... i'll have to keep on top of this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                      Same problem as you... just put in a HD clutch and Toda flywheel... and the engine shack is CRAZY when changing gears.... i'll have to keep on top of this thread...
                      Does the engine shaking going to be there forever? My mechanic said the engine shaking will disappear over time ~1000kms, but I've done more than now!

Maybe I should attempt filling my front and rear mounts with Polyurathane.

Its a never ending story with mounts. Either you have mounts that are really solid and give off vibration or have crappy soft mounts that break when you give your car a little stab!

Comment

i wouldent consider taking the rear and front mounts of a dc5 difficult its at most tricky.. but you sooner or later get it out =P

then its really filling it with poly urathane and when you do that make sure the nozzle dispensing Poly is immersed in the polyurathane itself so that it doesnt form gaps and bubbles..

when you think you got enough inside the mount get some gloves out and smooth out the top part to make it somewhat prettier..

then wait atleast 3 or 4 days to let it cure a bit..

that will give you enough time drying to put them back in

even then technically it takes almost a full week to penetrate to the center poly so that it all hardens up.. but it be hard enough to put in

the other meathod is to buy a set of 2nd hand engine mounts fill them all up
                        let them dry

then install them 2 weeks later atleast then your sure they are all set..
                        Memorable quotes

Comment

The vibration doesn't go away but it does minimise over time...I remember the first time I had my mount inserts placed it...it was vibrating crazily but over time it died down a bit

Comment

just get kpro and up the idle.
                            I have mine set at 1k and vibs are little to none.

*not trying to promote kpro*

Comment

just installed ALEX motorsport solid mounts.

Vibration is quite bad at 2-3k rpm however idle at 700-800 is ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X