No announcement yet.

injen cai vs mugen airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares about what makes more power...lets compare what looks better in the engine bay and see who wins? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      Who cares about what makes more power...lets compare what looks better in the engine bay and see who wins? LOL!
      I hope you're kidding ... Considering NA tuning on a Honda is a virtual bitchfight in an endless struggling release of precious single digit horsepower/torque gains. If airbox tuning isn't one of the most important elements of NA tuning, I don't know what else is.

Comment

Yeh i was kidding...just stirring sang!!

Comment

In the end dudes. It all comes down to one thing.

Whether you can justfiy spending the money or not.

You cant then move on
          You can then enjoy

Eitherway, two side of the tuning spectrum. As far as im concerned either way is fine.

Goldcoast dc5r why do you do spec cs without proper bottom end? Surely you know that spec c's work OPTIMUM with proper bottom end?

Hence the reason why sang has mugen airbox without the proper mugen bumper. Well that and the fact he hates the look of it

Comment

ok i think im the only one thats used all injen SRI,injen CAI, mugen airbox, and gruppem intake

and this is what i think

responce
            gruppem > mugen > injen SRI > injen CAI

sound
            gruppem > injen SRI > injen CAI > mugen

power "from my butt dyno"
            gruppem > mugen > injen CAI > injen SRI

how hard is it to install
            Mugen > Injen SRI > gruppem > injen CAI

blingness
            Gruppem > mugen > injen SRI > injen CAI

chance of not hydrolocking

mugen > gruppem > injen SRI > injen CAI

and no i do not have dyno sheet....but cmon...differnce will only be minimal...chuck a big shit in the morning before you drive and the power to weight ratio will be the same

if you are willing to spend $1400+ for an intake...go for it...you'll love it
            Last edited by noodleman; 01-09-06, 12:21 PM.

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Looks like Injen is toilet water quality ... LoL ... Time for me to throw it out in my CL and get a real baller intake. Oops then again, I have no torque issues.

Comment

You have too much money to spend noodleman

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                  how hard is it to install
                  Mugen > Injen SRI > gruppem > injen CAI
                  agree with this. last night i set upon a 15min install of my catch can hoses. i accidently dropped a hose clamp down the side of my intake. worried about it falling in around the moving parts and doing my 2nd engine over, i decided i had to remove the airbox to get to it. ....2hours later my airbox was installed again and this time i dropped one of the airbox screws down the side!!! now i dont wanna drive my car until i do it all again to locate that screw! grrrr...
                  almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

hmm sang what i meant was from the easiest to the hardest...mugen easiest and injen hardest....

mugen isn;t that hard to remove....too me 15min to take it off yesterday

z10 says:
                    z10 says:

Comment

Airbox FTW!

If it works for race cars then it works for me.

Buddyclub [Mugen]

Spoon [Stock - Spoon Filter]

Signal Auto [Stock Box - Unknown Filter or mods]

Comment

^true never seen a race car with injen

z10 says:
                        z10 says:

Comment

i think it depends on wot setup ur running

Comment

Yes, Japan race cars ... Here we go, now we're opening a can of worms. Do you know why they all have to use airboxes/factory style airboxes though?

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                              hmm sang what i meant was from the easiest to the hardest...mugen easiest and injen hardest....

mugen isn;t that hard to remove....too me 15min to take it off yesterday
                              i guess doing it in the evening with poor lighting doesn't help. it took me ages to locate all the screws to remove, then to figure out how to remove the base. didn;t realise there was a bolt to be undone, UNDER the filter element!
                              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers
                                LOl its funny how all the mugen airbox owners defend mugen and all the injen ultimately defend injen.

Word of advice. What you own is not necessary the best.
                                that's not completely true jingers. throughout this discussion i have noted on more than one occasion that i believe the gruppem intake is the best intake for the DC5.

and i hope no one assumes that my motive in discussion is solely to defend the choice i made when i chose my intake because i held these views after much research was conducted on all intakes well before i purchased an intake. in fact i had an SRI installed for some time before i moved on to bigger and better things.
                                almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Working...
                                X