Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket ECU's Autronic or Hondata, which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    Scott said that they use custom harness
    well effectively what i proposed in my last statement was a custom harness...
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Can i put a K-pro on a SR20DET or a RB26 ? or on a SUBARU or Mitsu.
      RX7 ect.
      Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Can i put a K-pro on a SR20DET or a RB26 ? or on a SUBARU or Mitsu.
        RX7 ect.

Umm.. HOnDa..TA..

the theory behind hondata is that its a modified version of your stock ECU.

it works very well for the price you pay for it..

Autronic yes you can change cars with the same ecu.. but your harness obviously you will have to change it to suit your next car.

but realistically how often do you plan on doing that?

you can buy the Hondata Unit out right from the states, Choice of tuner you can goto sydney and get the hondata people there to tune it or find your own USDM tuner that will tune via datalog..

thats just under 2k, and you wont have to deal with been locked into a hondata dealer here in aus ( i know some people do that)

Autronic sm4, i assume you will have to pay for the harness as i doubt anyone unless they are really good friends would do it for you for free.. so labor is a charge + the Ecu. then the tuning of your base map getting your idle working + dyno time. (you can do the tune on the street method if you have access to your own wideband, some people do that as well)

the Autronic prettymuch if you know how to do it yourself.. like wiring it in you can save yourself the cost of labor and making the loom..

if you know how to tune, then it saves more again.. well in either Ecu case because you just either do it on road or Buy your own dyno time..

like i said before Autronic is more versatile.. but versatility comes at a price..

It all comes down to HOw Much Money you got ..
        Imo if you have alot of money.. and You do want the best.. and No substitues.. then Autronic and Motec FTW..

But like most people here they rather not spend to much.. and bang for buck is what they are after.. Hondata is a very good buy for the price you pay.

and ohh on a side note..

The Autronic PnP unit.. can be moved to other variants of the B series engine with the ODB1 or ODB2 loom.. but not outside of the Honda range..
        Last edited by Wlee2; 16-08-07, 02:18 PM.
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Ruffly How much would a new K-Pro cost and a Compatible ECU cause i have a type S my ecu is not programable. I've also heard some S's have had some issues you loss the immobilizer and reliability issues.

Comment

You will definitely loose the Immobilizer using Autronic as the immobilizer is embedded in the standard ECU. Apparently it is possible to get the Immobilizer working with Kpro if you have access to a HDS and a dealer willing to help you out!
            Toda Racing /// Gruppe-M /// Kpro

Comment

its very expensive i spoke to my Honda Service manager its like 2 g's to get the immobilizer working... I got a aftermarket alarm anyhooo

Comment

EL, you can wire in the Autronic just like any other system, either make a whole loom, cut and shut, or make it plug and play, it will work for any car as you simply choose the settings on how you wish to run it.

Ie you might run it 180degrees with wasted spark, or say 2 banks of 3 v6 or 2 banks of 4 v8, you can run pretty much all configurations of engine.

I dont know how to put pics up and i dont have a digicam or else i could show you how mine works, but if you have ever seen an obd2-1 conversion harness for the honda's, its pretty much like that except instead of going to an obd1 ecu it plugs into the autronic sm4. Scott should have those ecu pins to make it plug and play, but if not i highly recommend deutsch plugs, they are plug, twist and fit.

I spoke to my tuner who has played around with the kpro, and he agrees with Scott, for the money and especially since your tuner recommends the Autronic, its best you go with the Autronic.

Anothre thing the sm4 has many option outs that you can configure, my autronic opens a relay for methonal injection at 100% throttle after 1.2secs so it keeps the engine cooler for the big straights of phillip island. On my Dc2, I use the anti lag to keep the turbo spooling at the tight corners of winton raceway so I dont have to be so aggressive on the left foot brakes.

Let me know if theres more I can help you with, but thats about as much as I know, the rest I leave to my tuner. If you trust the tuner, then take his advice over all else, because in the end his the one working on it.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by freakie View Post
                  EL, you can wire in the Autronic just like any other system, either make a whole loom, cut and shut, or make it plug and play, it will work for any car as you simply choose the settings on how you wish to run it.

Ie you might run it 180degrees with wasted spark, or say 2 banks of 3 v6 or 2 banks of 4 v8, you can run pretty much all configurations of engine.

I dont know how to put pics up and i dont have a digicam or else i could show you how mine works, but if you have ever seen an obd2-1 conversion harness for the honda's, its pretty much like that except instead of going to an obd1 ecu it plugs into the autronic sm4. Scott should have those ecu pins to make it plug and play, but if not i highly recommend deutsch plugs, they are plug, twist and fit.

I spoke to my tuner who has played around with the kpro, and he agrees with Scott, for the money and especially since your tuner recommends the Autronic, its best you go with the Autronic.

Anothre thing the sm4 has many option outs that you can configure, my autronic opens a relay for methonal injection at 100% throttle after 1.2secs so it keeps the engine cooler for the big straights of phillip island. On my Dc2, I use the anti lag to keep the turbo spooling at the tight corners of winton raceway so I dont have to be so aggressive on the left foot brakes.

Let me know if theres more I can help you with, but thats about as much as I know, the rest I leave to my tuner. If you trust the tuner, then take his advice over all else, because in the end his the one working on it.

Good luck

Can you email me pics and ill post them up. ill pm you my email
                  Last edited by PolitoHood; 16-08-07, 04:47 PM.

Comment

its very expensive i spoke to my Honda Service manager its like 2 g's to get the immobilizer working... I got a aftermarket alarm anyhooo
                    It's not going to cost you that much to get it working. Say only about $100 or so, but don't quote me. You just need to reprogram your new ECU to the immoboliser.

Either way, if someone wants your car they're going to get it. With or without an immoboliser.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixsy View Post
                      It's not going to cost you that much to get it working. Say only about $100 or so, but don't quote me. You just need to reprogram your new ECU to the immoboliser.

Either way, if someone wants your car they're going to get it. With or without an immoboliser.
                      Very true!!
                      Toda Racing /// Gruppe-M /// Kpro

Comment

Will i have to get my alarm reinstalled if i upgrade my ECU to either of theses systems

Comment

no you dont have to

z10 says:
                          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                          z10 says:
                          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Can anyone with an SM4 comment on there mods?

Comment

Working...
                            X