Opinions on brake upgrade for DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu` View Post
    whats the big difference between the project mu scr and scr-pro rotors in terms of quality and braking?

the only thing i could find is scr is made from FC cast iron and scr-pro is a 2 piece rotor made from CV or FC cast iron / aluminum alloy (taken from project mu website)

SCR is 1 piece (cast iron disc & hat)
    SCR-PRO is 2 piece (aluminium hat + cast iron disc)

Advantages for 2 piece design.

Less weight by using aluminum hat.
    More resistant to heat buildup.
    Allow the rotor to expand and contract to a certain extent.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyClub View Post
      Did you find any problems with brake biasing when you did your brakes VTECMACHINE?
      To be honest they are perfect!!! But then again i'm not professional race car driver. so I can't really comment. But Indy@ISMR said that the rear would break out under hard braking when not in a complete straight line. I didn't feel that once. But I guess running Racing Spec dampers(which are amazing), with Semi's helped that alot.

Not meaning to dis DBA rotors... I have just heard alot of of the rotors cracking, and personally i wouldn't use them. But I guess that's just me. i guess it's the same with people saying G4 and D2 coilover are total quality. :P

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Thanks guys for your advice in regards to my brakes/rotor questions!

My pads are due for replacement soon, so I thought why not upgrade the front rotors. I'm thinking of getting either the the AP Racing 1 piece 6 slotted rotors or DBA4000. I have been on a track day recently and plan to go again soon!

What rear rotors are you guys running on your DC2R? Just leave it stock?

Thanks
        Daniel

Comment

I have DBA 4000's and they are fine.

I only replaced the stock ones as they had glazed/hardnened after a track day, and were shuddering through the steering wheel.

I have seen what freakygeek puts his brakes through and if you can drive like that then maybe you might need to upgrade your brakes further but for the other 90% of the forum, DBA 4000 rotors, plus Ferodo pads + decent fluid is all you are ever going to need.
          Last edited by JCE; 04-07-07, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Use stock blank rotors. Those are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by apparition View Post
              Thanks guys for your advice in regards to my brakes/rotor questions!

My pads are due for replacement soon, so I thought why not upgrade the front rotors. I'm thinking of getting either the the AP Racing 1 piece 6 slotted rotors or DBA4000. I have been on a track day recently and plan to go again soon!

What rear rotors are you guys running on your DC2R? Just leave it stock?

Thanks
              Daniel
              i use DBA4000 rotors and have done over 240 laps at EC, WP and OP and they are fine...

i highly recommend these if you track your car...

pads ar DS2500 and i highly recommend these as a street/track pad
              ... retired/

Comment

I paid about $190 or so each for my DBA 4000 series rotors at autbarn.

Probably cheaper than the JDM stuff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B View Post
                  Use stock blank rotors. Those are the best.
                  ???

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                    Not meaning to dis DBA rotors... I have just heard alot of of the rotors cracking, and personally i wouldn't use them. But I guess that's just me. i guess it's the same with people saying G4 and D2 coilover are total quality. :P
                    DBA rotors are a quality locally produced product. Perhaps people are using incorrect rotors for their application? The only DBA product I have heard of problems with are what I call their "ricer line" of crossdrilled aesthetics-before-performance bling rotors. I think they call them "DBA Gold".

My OEM rotors had heat-stress hairline fractures in them when they were 50,000km old. My DBA 4000 series have copped more abuse and are still perfect... to add to this I'm now using a more aggressive pad - Ferodo DS2500.

Anyway, I'm just speaking from my own experience here.
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

DBA rotors has applications for S15? =P
                      g
                      [ BBU66Z ]
                      g
                      Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Yeah they do jonbubz

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/catalogue_aust.asp

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                          ???
                          Stock blank rotors are highly regarded on h-t.com. you can pick them up for as cheap as US$25. Unfortunately the cost a lot more here....

As rotors are wear items, dropping $50/set for what are decent rotors makes sense in the US.
                          http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

DBA4000 or DBA5000 ftw!!

and cambo is right...the ones that crack and stuff are the ricey crossdrilled ones!!

Comment

Alot of DC2R guys here in the states simply use stock blank rotors as opposed to using a name brand slotted/drilled rotor. An explanation to the comment above.

At one point, I just used Hawk pads + stock rotors on my race car. I later upgraded to a Stoptech system and noticed very little difference.

Comment

where has everyone brought their discs from? i want the 4000 series DBA fronts... im on the north shore

Comment

Working...
                                X