Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on brake upgrade for DC2R

Hi guys

I'm in the process of upgrading my brakes on my DC2R. I'm thinking of getting AP Racing 6 slotted discs, and get braided brake lines and better pads. Should I leave my rear discs as stock and just get upgraded pads, or should I do all 4 in one go?

I was thinking of getting just DBA slotted for the rears.

What are your thoughts on Mugen slotted discs and AP racing discs?

Thanks
    Daniel

my opinion is: "do a quick search first, then ask questions later"...

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/search.php
    ... retired/

Comment

Stock brakes are excellent, but if you are finding their limits then I suggest a change of pads (& rotors if necessary).

Save your money on driver training & track-days instead
      j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
      Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
      faijai: rg + awp = gg
      hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
      rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

Stoptech, Brembo, AP, Wilwood all make good brake upgrades for the front.

All the kits are manufactured to utilize the stock back brake system.

Just like the other users posted, ITR brakes are excellent. I used to own a Stoptech brake system for the front and could tell only a marginal difference.

Comment

I reakon Project Mu rotors, as they aren't a bad price, and rip shit through DBA, which just crack all the time. AP racing are awsome... but pricey.

If you are thinking of upgrading calipers. 6 pot on the front without upgrading rear will be too strong on a light DC2R. Spoon 4 pots on the front are fine using OEM set up on the rear.

I haven't heard many good things about Mugen rotors, and I have been told the Spoon ones are just OEM rotors with Slots in them.

If you want a good set up. I reakon go Project Mu SCR rotors - Retail around $500 for fronts.
          Some project Mu, or Endless pads - $250 - $380
          APP braided lines - $220 or sumthing from JDM Yard?

And if you want to go crazy... get Calipers.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

also, look at a willwood brake bias adapter if you're going to upgrade the size of your calipers

Did you find any problems with brake biasing when you did your brakes VTECMACHINE?

http://www.buddyclub.com.au
            Contact Us! - support AT buddyclub.com.au
            We're here to help!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyClub View Post
              also, look at a willwood brake bias adapter if you're going to upgrade the size of your calipers

Did you find any problems with brake biasing when you did your brakes VTECMACHINE?
              buddyclub sells willwood?
              ... retired/

Comment

Spoon rotors are not modified stock ones, Spoon rotors weigh a lot less than stock rotors this is one of the greater benefits of running spoon rotors.
                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Project MU or Endless pads are overrated, especially for the price. You can stop on a dime with lesser (in cost) pads. Cobalt, Hawk, all those work well.

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                    Spoon rotors are not modified stock ones, Spoon rotors weigh a lot less than stock rotors this is one of the greater benefits of running spoon rotors.
                    I don't see that they could possibly weigh "a lot less" if they are both made from the same material.

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE
                    I reakon Project Mu rotors, as they aren't a bad price, and rip shit through DBA, which just crack all the time. AP racing are awsome... but pricey.
                    My DBA 4000 series Rotors have over 60,000km of my driving on them (which is probably harder than most) with no problems whatsoever.
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Hawk HP Carbon ftw!
                      _______

:: Foot To The Metal :: Full On :: All of It Or None of It ::

Comment

Hi Daniel/apparition.

Why are you upgrading them?

I agree that new pads (Feredo DS2500/Hawk HP) and good fluid (Motul RBF600) will cure most issues with stock DC2R brakes. These 2 things won't improve performance by much, but will improve how much they resist fade.

Mugen slotted discs and AP racing discs are both quality products, but you won't see much improvement over stock.
                        http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                          if it is true they weigh less, then this infact would probably be a negative in terms of braking performance? wouldn't it?
                          ... retired/

Comment

From my understanding it is good to have meat in the rotors to help with heat dissipation. Where you can shave off weight is by running two piece rotors with hub and rotors separate and joined as per link.

http://www.stoptech.com/products/rotors.shtml

Personally for my DC2R, if staying with one piece Rotor's I would just buy cheapeast reliable rotors as per Cambo (who is a nut).

Otherwise look into 2 piece/floating rotors if you really want an upgrade.
                            Last edited by chuck; 04-07-07, 03:50 PM.
                            http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

whats the big difference between the project mu scr and scr-pro rotors in terms of quality and braking?

the only thing i could find is scr is made from FC cast iron and scr-pro is a 2 piece rotor made from CV or FC cast iron / aluminum alloy (taken from project mu website)

Comment

Working...
                              X