No announcement yet.

Best Oil for our beloved Hondas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get a sump plug washer with each filter too... for the sake of $1 even if you have to pay for it I think it's worthwhile...

I've heard of the guys in the US running 50wt oils on the track, understandable for the extra protection I guess. Just wasn't sure if you'd take much of a power hit having to pump that around the motor...
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
      I get a sump plug washer with each filter too... for the sake of $1 even if you have to pay for it I think it's worthwhile...

I've heard of the guys in the US running 50wt oils on the track, understandable for the extra protection I guess. Just wasn't sure if you'd take much of a power hit having to pump that around the motor...
      What size is the sump plug washer? The guy at autobarn didn't know.

btw I got Motul 300v Chrono oil.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

14mm
        ... retired/

Comment

Awesome. Cheers Tinkerbell!!!!

Quote:
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

14mm is the internal diameter
            ... retired/

Comment

Just switched from Motul 300V Chrono to their Turbolight.. Most would say a major downgrade but recently I've been worried that 300V isn't suitable for everyday usage so I did a bit of research which seemed to support my concerns.

Points against 300V for everyday usage:

Main issue is that it isn't API rated. It says it exceeds SL perfromance but that is all. Most likely reason is that it won't achieve an actual API SL rating is due to the amount of ZDDP (Zinc dialkyl dithio phosphate) it contains which is strictly limited by API ratings. The problem is that while ZDDP is great for anti-wear it clogs catalytic converters and there is a suggestion that it causes carbon build-up with light usage.

I made the switch 500km ago and so far I'm quite positive about it.
              01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                14mm is the internal diameter

So what do I exactly ask for?

Quote:

Comment

isnt the 300v a "race oil" without some of the detergents or *things* for road engines?

i read it soemwhere, but now cant find it on www.motul.com.au
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                    So what do I exactly ask for?
                    an "aluminium crush washer that has an ID of 14mm"
                    ... retired/

Comment

an "aluminium crush washer that has an ID of 14mm"
                      Thanks for claryifing that Tinkerbell..

Quote:

Comment

isnt the 300v a "race oil" without some of the detergents or *things* for road engines?

i read it soemwhere, but now cant find it on www.motul.com.au
                        Well they do say race cars on their website but lots of dealers say it's fine for road cars. Maybe they just like selling the most expensive stuff..
                        01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                          I use 10w-40 oil. Motul 4100 (the cheapest Motul 10w-40) is the one I use, costs $36 from Autobarn with Entertainment Book voucher.
                          WTF... i havent got that voucher in the sydney enteratinment guide.. luck b@start

I use Honda OEM... $28... too poor for full syntheic

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
                            WTF... i havent got that voucher in the sydney enteratinment guide.. luck b@start

I use Honda OEM... $28... too poor for full syntheic
                            ITR and poor shouldnt be used in the same sentence. Imsure the honda oil is fine for stock applications.

Quote:

Comment

the thrifty sponsored dc2r team in the australian GT production championship was using castrol 10or15w-50. i talked to them extensively a year or two ago at the adelaide 500 where they were in a support race.
                              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Just a couple of things.
                                1. You can get cheap Honda FEO at Turbo near Liverpool... its $26-ish I think.

2. No need to bother with crush washers and drain bolts with one of these:

- Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X