dc2r gearbox oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc2r gearbox oil

ive heard that these shoudnt be changed? which sounds stupid to me.. ive been having crunching in 3rd to 4th gear and while at first i thought syncros, a friend told me that if the previous owner hasnt changed the gearbox oil, that might be the problem?

he suggested redline shockproof.. anyone had anything similar?

i use redline shock proof, but fresh Honda MTL should suit most street driving...

how many KM on the car???
    ... retired/

Comment

where have you heard that it shouldn't be changed?

btw im also a white guy with an itr and there many others
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

I use Honda MTF. The smooth feeling of fresh MTF seems to wear off quickly... so change it regularly.

BTW I'm also a white guy ITR owner
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i use Motul Gear 300 atm..
          but looking at trying Royal Purple Syncromax next change

gear 300 is still feeling very good =P

i have to say since i bought my car i have never tried honda MTF =p.. ive previously always used that smelly red stuff syntrax =P

IMO.. i like to change almost all the fluids. if i just bought the car.. regardless of if the previous owner said ohh i changed my fluids ever 2000km (haha).. its for peace of mind that i make sure everything is done and i can keep track of it myself =P
          Last edited by Wlee2; 26-06-07, 10:52 AM.
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
            I use Honda MTF. The smooth feeling of fresh MTF seems to wear off quickly... so change it regularly.
            Agreed. Change every 5k kms and shifting gears will be like slicing through butter; 120k kms and my gearbox still feels great.
            ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

OMFG ROFL

Another white member of CITR here.

Another vote for changing MTF reguarly.

Comment

I change my MTF every 20k instead of every 40k like the book said. Looks like I am going to have to try changing every 10k instead, which means I have to take my car to the mechanic every single time I want to service it :/
                I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

White bOi CWITR member checking in. VTACK!

I vote for changing MTF regularly as well. Motul Gear 300 reduces crunching for me on the track.
                  http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                    which means I have to take my car to the mechanic every single time I want to service it :/
                    you don't have a 17mm ring spanner, a 1.4in driver ratchet, a 13mm ID hose and a small funnel?
                    ... retired/

Comment

Gearbox oil is easy to change and good gearbox oil can last a long way. Money spent at the mechanic is better off in Repco or Autobarn where you can purchase yourself a nice set of tools which will last you forever.

Currently using motul gear 300 and it works very well for my last 2 track days.
                      _______

:: Foot To The Metal :: Full On :: All of It Or None of It ::

Comment

Dont know where you got the "dont need to change the fluid" at but whoever you got it from, I would stop listening to them.

Here in USA, alot of ITR owners use GM-Syncromesh with Friction Modifier. I use it all the time in my new tranny. In the past, I have used it with transmissions that needed new syncro's. When you add this, I assure you your syncro's wont crunch anymore.

I have to double check my pricing but I can get a quart of this for about $8.00 USD + shipping

Comment

yeh the way i see it is that u cant go wrong with genuine honda oils.. my cars got 120kms and its ben serviced about every 10K, but it hasnt had its major 100k service, so they would change all these oils anyway?

i went 2 honda 2day and they confirmed syncros, and quoted me 2 grand :P.. ill get my 100k service done at honda and get all oils changed..

Comment

If you do need synchro's done Hanny's or Toda will do it cheaper than Honda, and probably with just a good a job, if not better.

I also think Hanny's is a better place to get your 100K service done than Honda...
                            http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                              my cars got 120kms and its ben serviced about every 10K, but it hasnt had its major 100k service, so they would change all these oils anyway?
                              put your cars details into:

https://www.hondaone.com.au/owner%27s+club/index.asp

it should show you service history if done at a Honda service department...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X