No announcement yet.

DC2-R aftermarket intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's already buying mugen... as he said in his post...

anyway, if u had a choice between 2.5" catback exhaust or the mugen intake... i would get the mugen intake

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
      he's already buying mugen... as he said in his post...

anyway, if u had a choice between 2.5" catback exhaust or the mugen intake... i would get the mugen intake
      i agree, if your gonna get exhaust done on dc2r, get it all done at once, headers/cat/catback... otherwise u have to cut and weld each time, like what i had experienced. a full exhuast will set u back round $2500-3000

Comment

its pretty much wanting the best of each mod or bfyb

if u already have a mugen than be happy with it as its a good mod and is proabably the highest netting intake-;. but a simple after market filter will win hands down for bfyb
        Last edited by BlitZ; 22-06-07, 08:56 PM.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Originally posted by Raiko View Post
          mugen is very good but i think comptech is allmost the same in preformance
          comptech is pretty much a copy of mugen in design I dont have a pic but from memory the snorkle part is where the obvious difference is
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

yeh its kinda naive to say mugen and comptech are similar

Comment

Dyno test on h-tech by user Ausmith showed comptech and mugen have pretty much same power output on dyno, BUT all those involved in the test felt that the Mugen made more power when the car was actually moving. I personally have the Mugen and I think it was worth the $.
              http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

so you remove the resonator box when fitting the mugen right?

Comment

yes you remove it all...
                  i had a write-up before when installing my mugen box with jim80y but it was on crsx. it had pics and all...

Comment

Working...
                  X