DC2-R aftermarket intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2-R aftermarket intake

gday guys.. just bought a dc2-r 2001 with a full 2 1/4 exhaust..

looking forward to getting to know you guys and ill try to get some pics up for ya!

my question is about intake, im looking for short-ram because im looking to low-to-mid gains, and im trying to avoid such things as hydrolock :P, but when it comes to brands and places to buy from im lost.. just wondering if any of you guys could help me out?

thanks

Just get the Mugen and be done with it

Welcome aboard!
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i just want to say that... hydrolock is an urban myth, it's nothing to be scared about.. unless you like driving into lakes, rivers, seas, oceans, etc..

Welcome to ClubITR btw
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

even with Mugen it's not 100% safe, if you read the manual it warns you that water might go into the snorkel if you drive through at a water depth of 15cm +.

Comment

hmm.. mugens always been abit expensive/overrated in my eyes? but what do i know heh :P if so, mugen airbox? short ram intake or what???

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            i just want to say that... hydrolock is an urban myth, it's nothing to be scared about.. unless you like driving into lakes, rivers, seas, oceans, etc..

Welcome to ClubITR btw
            i agree completely!!!

my intake is like the same level as the bottom of my car and i drive everywhere.. rain wet my house has some very nice deep puddles..

and i have yet ever hydrolocked the car =P..

and if cars were ment to drive into lakes rivers or seas they wouldent have wheels.

on the topic of airboxes.. in melbourne its possible to be defected if you dont have an actual Box. so the filter is "ment" to be enclosed.
            Last edited by Wlee2; 15-06-07, 01:36 PM.
            Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
            some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
            Originally posted by tinkerbell
            if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
            A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
            Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
              hmm.. mugens always been abit expensive/overrated in my eyes? but what do i know heh :P if so, mugen airbox? short ram intake or what???
              Expensive? Yes and no.

Overrated? IMO, definitely not.

You get what you pay for... the Mugen fitment is incredibly good, OEM quality. Throttle response is awesome, sounds fantastic. Noticable gains! You won't ever buy another intake (unless you go ITB's) if you buy the Mugen straight up. This was what I was told before I bought it, and I can certainly see why now that I have one...
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                You get what you pay for... the Mugen fitment is incredibly good, OEM quality. Throttle response is awesome, sounds fantastic. Noticable gains! You won't ever buy another intake (unless you go ITB's) if you buy the Mugen straight up. This was what I was told before I bought it, and I can certainly see why now that I have one...
                get one!!

Comment

Elwood, depends on what your budget is. While the Mugen one is expensive, its also probably the best money can buy.

If you're after a cheaper short ram alternative, have a look at the J's Racing carbon intake. I can't give you a comparison between products as I had a DC2 VTI-R before this and just recently purchased a DC2-R which already had the carbon intake installed. From what i've read from others who had it, throttle response is dramatically increased. All I can say is that it sounds AWESOME!
                  Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

Honestly I thought Mugen intake’s quality wasn’t that great considering the price.

Comment

Mugen intake ftw!!!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Mugen intake.
                        If you want cheap SRI, get a J's Racing whale penis.
                        You can get them from JDM Yard (02) 9772 2085

Comment

^ thanks guys ill go for the mugen!

Comment

mugen is very good but i think comptech is allmost the same in preformance

Comment

keep your stock box and change it to a good filter.

everything is overpriced.. money better spend on a 2.5" zorst

from memory whale penis give like +1kw over stock. and that isnt taking into consideration of head soak on hot days and on track.

mugen is the best and by far the most expensive.. its about 900 or thereabouts if u shop around
                              Last edited by BlitZ; 21-06-07, 05:50 PM.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Working...
                              X