squeeking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squeeking noise

Now before anyone flames i've tried looking through previous posts.

Okay now when the previous owner was in possession of the dc2r the interior was stripped out. I didnt notice any squeeking noises, etc. I asked him to put the interior back in and all was good. It's been nearly a month since i've owned the car and i've just noticed it starts to squeek but only when im going over bumps, etc. The only thing i could think of either is that the interior is not fitted back in properly, the mounts of the coilovers/struts are rubbing against the chassis. I'm currently have BuddyClub N+ on the teg and an exhaust if that helps. I know the car is a very raw car with no sound deadening, etc.

My mate also has a dc2r with coilovers and i've never noticed a squeeking noise at all. Nothing else that could come to my attention. I've had coilovers on my previous car and i've never had any squeeking noises. Do you guys who have aftermarket suspension setups get this squeeking sound ? Could anyone suggest it to be anything else?

Cheers
    Last edited by SPL_K; 22-05-07, 05:03 AM.

brake pad and rotor? just an idea...
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

my rear bumper squeeks...
      ... retired/

Comment

try to locate exactly where the noise is coming from..interier or exterior. if its interior, this may sound stupid but i had a squeeking noise as well and thought it was the interior plastic rubbing on something..after a while i realised it was the seatbelt lock (the part the seatbelt plugs into)...bit of WD40 and your set... just an idea..

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          my rear bumper squeeks...
          mine did to after i put back all the nuts and bolts and its all good now.
          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #009

Comment

it only happens when im going over bumps... never really noticed it until i played around with the dampening settings.

Comment

Working...
            X