No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spmir1 View Post
    does it feel good with just the rear? wouldn't you want the front as well cos they are designed to work together... for more overall balance?
    It does feel better with just rear sway, I can feel less roll in the rear of the car, but I am reluctant to push too hard on the street. I'm sure the effect it has had will become clear on monday when it is track o'clock . I can't wait!

Having both front and rear JDM sways would probably be a bit more balanced, but I wasn't going for balance I was trying to reduce understeer, and in my simple mind that means stiffer rear sway .

Comment

welcome welcome

more Melbourne members FTW
      Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
      "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
      sigpic
      itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
      send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

nice. where did you get the JDM sway from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

which track and what is the occasion on monday?

Comment

I got the sway from a member on here, Revolution, when he was parting out a JDM DC5R, I paid $160 plus shipping but you could probably find one for less.

The occasion is a track day run by the Vic Rx-8 owners club at Broadford. More info here. I guess spectators are allowed so come along if you are keen , and I think there may still be a spot available if you want to drive .

Comment

as a daily driver and occassional track do you think 24mm sways front and back (150% stiffer) are too much?

or go for 22mm front and back (80% stiffer) ?

Comment

you can run 24 front and 23 rear....from cusco....correct me if I am wrong...forgot what the numbers are......thats what I plan to do to mine......we should organise a meet up soon as mugsee some back......or should we start another thread and put all the Melb member's details together......I reckon we should have a lot more members then what we think......WELCOME anyway bro......enjoy ur time here.....
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

thanks for the warm welcome boys (and girls )

i ordered whiteline adjustables.

i reckon they will be great

can choose from 23mm equivalent (115% stiffer)

24mm (155%)

and

25mm (200!!!!!!) wow that will make for some nice track work!

also would anyone be interested in renting me some wheels with semi slicks by any chance, for one day at the track?

i know if a very long shot, but worth an ask hey!

otherwise it's all good i got some new tyres put on before i bought it. real cheap Simex though

what is the factory tyre size?

Comment

welcome aboard

Originally posted by spmir1 View Post
                  what is the factory tyre size?
                  205/55R16

check out the tyres thread if you want an idea of what other people are running
                  T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Welcome,

Stiffness is not just about how thick a sway bar is as some sway bars are "hallow".

Comment

Welcome.
                      Hope it works out for you, I still have yet to install my rear sway, I also have the 24mm whiteline I'll let you know when i get around to installing it.

Comment

how many part you have kookie....seems like you have a whole gaurage of parts waiting for install...lol....any of you gonna to come to the following winton track day?
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        :blah:
                        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                          how many part you have kookie....seems like you have a whole gaurage of parts waiting for install...lol....any of you gonna to come to the following winton track day?

Rofl Ditto.. i keep telling him Diy it.. but apparently no time to do it!
                          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                          Originally posted by tinkerbell
                          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

It's slowly getting there, most of the parts have been installed only got minor things left.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                              Welcome,

Stiffness is not just about how thick a sway bar is as some sway bars are "hallow".
                              i know... i am almost a qualified mechanical engineer

there are many variables such as geometry, material...

but they are the rated stifnesses as per whiteline.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

Whiteline 24mm Adjustables

Great mod. Really makes a difference. Do both front and rear.

Helps alot against roll on track.

Mugsee bought mine off me.

Comment

Working...
                                X