Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gruppe M, Injen or Mugan CAI?

hey people's,
    just wondering what your thoughts are on in regards to CAI. I'm planning on getting a CAI but dont know what brand to go for.

Gruppe M is good cause of its carbon body which doesnt absorb heat, but can act as a gutter collecting water in the chute at the bottom of the windscreen.

Injen is good cause its really loud and allows more are flow through without a box.

Mugen is just like the stock box with a slightly bigger pipe to feed the air through?!? (not sure)

Please post your thoughts here.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ghlight=gruppe

Injen bang for your buck - Top shit

Gruppe M not bang for your buck - Top shit

Mugen - ??

Comment

simon the grouppem has a hole in the box to act as a drain for whatever water gets in.

the mugen airbox is quite abit lighter then the stock airbox and mostly the volumn of air it can hold is greatly improved. More volumn of air = air on demand = better throttle response. Both grouppem and mugen utilise SRI concepts with the mugen actually working out more expensive if you wanted to get full performance from it due to the extra front bar you require to purchase.

With the grouppem this is however not needed.

Comment

gruppeM !

Comment

Hey simo,
          I would not worry about the water collecting properties of the Gruppe M. I have driven my car in very heavy rain, and even started it after having sprayed a hose into the scoop. The only way I think you could cause damage is if you plugged up the drain hole and put a hose into the scoop with the engine running full throttle. I would say the chance of the Gruppe M ingesting water is no higher than the Injen.

Also you can get the Gruppe M fairly cheap these days (relative to what I paid over a year ago) and the filter is reusable and comes with a cleaning kit.

Power wise I can't comment having never dynoed my car but I can say I noticed a good difference in response throughout the rev range. The Gruppe M is very loud as well if that is what you are after.

Good luck with your choice, you have pretty much the best 3 bolt on intakes to choose form there .

Comment

i have mugen....

I removed the front grill.... and you can see the intake pipe.

I'm hoping to get a 5Zigen front grill soonish.

Comment

i've used all 3 before....gruppem > all

z10 says:
              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
              z10 says:
              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

gruppem! check my post in lounge if u wna buy one for 800-900
                GruppeM Australian Distributor
                w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

Having used both the Mugen and GruppeM i would definately say gruppeM is much better.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                  Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

I am using Mugen atm....as all the other said unless you have an aftermarket front bar with a hold for the intake.....GruppeM will be the best choice unless you get a limited budget......

Injen = bang for buck
                    Mugen = Good low toque and respond....not that great in high Rev unless you get ur car dyno tune with aftermarket ECU <Mugen> <Hondata>
                    GruppeM > all....but the only thing is the box is so small which I dun like compare to Mugen....lol...
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ
                    :blah:
                    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I have GruppeM on my car as my first mod and straight away i felt the power difference across different engine range. One thing, it definitely improve the low ends.

The sucking effect is significant that you can hear the loud air sound sucking into the engine when you start the cold engine. The VTEC blast with a nice crispy tone and pull so much harder even on a stock car.

Highly recommend if $ is not a concern

Comment

i have on 05 integra type s and want the gruppem airbox but i heard that the front upper strut bar has to be removed to fit it. i read this on the ozhonda forums. Anyone with an 05 integra type s that can confirm this? Also is the filter reusable or does k&n have filter for it?
                        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                        Flickr
                        my car blog - Have a read
                        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

bringing back an old thread: gruppe m vs injen. which one has better gain?

Comment

injen > gruppeM
                            Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by johnO View Post
                              bringing back an old thread: gruppe m vs injen. which one has better gain?
                              GruppeM has better gains on a k20 than injen from dyno results.

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                              injen > gruppeM
                              Do you have any evidence to back this up?
                              CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Working...
                              X