DIY: DC5 Type S HID Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Didz View Post
    This is why i got the JDM lights rather than the AUDM with HID aftermarket. The JDM lights are the perfect cut off and dot spray light everywhere. Perfectly legal and they arent dangerous to other road users.

This is a link to show the cutoff with JDM headlights which come OEM with HIDs.
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...2&postcount=64
    Not trying to be an arse guy but since they aren't OEM fitted, tested to conform to ADRs or fitted with washers then your lights aren't legal . Still the best way to do it though .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Not trying to be an arse guy but since they aren't OEM fitted, tested to conform to ADRs or fitted with washers then your lights aren't legal . Still the best way to do it though .
      Yeah, i know. I'll update my post :P
      They are as close to legal HIDs you can get as they shouldnt attract police attention from excessive light spray.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

does any1 have this?
        seems like the cheapest and safest way to get HIDs but not sure how it would look? espec on all black car since the whole housing is black where as the oem has some silver bits to stand out.
        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
        Flickr
        my car blog - Have a read
        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

I would be more worried about if they were actually ADR compliant. Rice lights tend to be targeted by cops so you would wanna hope they were at least to legal standards.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
          X