DIY: DC5 Type S HID Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All done

I just have to take some more output pics and ill do the write-up. I am seriously amazed.

You have no idea how much light these put out, and it's not in other drivers eyes either like the cheap chinese kits pictured in this thread.

The passanger sidewalk is lite up at night, but the cut-off is just so that u don't blind oncoming drivers.

Seriously amazed at how good it turned out. Ill have a thread up this weekend

S2K retrofit owns all
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
      All done

I just have to take some more output pics and ill do the write-up. I am seriously amazed.

You have no idea how much light these put out, and it's not in other drivers eyes either like the cheap chinese kits pictured in this thread.

The passanger sidewalk is lite up at night, but the cut-off is just so that u don't blind oncoming drivers.

S2K retrofit owns all
      Nice one. How big is the s2k projector? is it the same size as the euro/tsx?

I was looking at doing a retrofit but my headlight assembly is quite narrow. I saw a Hella 50mm kit in one and it looked very very tight. Talked to a couple people that sold the tsx projectors as well and they told me that there might be issues fitting it into my headlights

Ah well... once I source a cheap set of spare headlights i'll start on my retrofit as well (one day...) lol
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

The S2K was a tight fit, I had to trim them quite a bit to get them to fit, its pretty much a hairs width of space.

I personally haven't seen a tsx projcetor but i think it should fit into a dc5. There are quite a few guys that have done retrofits into dc5's on hidplanet. They look good with projectors.

If I were you id get a cheap set of projector aftermarket dc5 lights from the states and then start my project on those.

Purchase the bulbs new, not worth getting used bulbs. Ballast ur better off getting new or oem ones.

But ill write out more info when i post mine up

Edit: to answer ur question s2k is bigger than tsx/euro. I reccomend sourcing them through the us and doing custom cut-off shields. PRobably the easiest way
        Last edited by kavehman; 19-08-08, 07:52 PM.
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

FN2!! LOL

DC5 is massive and would fit just about anything i reckon.

here's the Hella 50mm kit (auto-levellers instaleld too)

T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

That actually looks good.

BTw this is how it should look with HID's

I mean come on, look at this cut-off and go compare your plug and play kit to this.

Stock
            Last edited by kavehman; 20-08-08, 09:01 AM.
            /Oo ___H___ oO\
            |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Stock vs. LS430

stock only Yours will look like this only intenser with more glare all over the place

stock and ls430

ls430 only
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

I like it on the face lift, but not digging it on the pre face lift.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

This is a terrible way to do hid's.

No one should do HID's this way.

Worst post. This post should not be on clubitr
                  Absolutely correct. Illegal and dangerous. At least with a PnP kit in a DC2 you have some control over the light cutoff due to the projector keeping things in check...

I'm sick of seeing these awful high colour temp HID kits in reflector housings.
                  | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

guys really need to advice here....

i am about to install a Hid kit on dc5r, and do i getting the impression that u NEEDA remove the front bar to have the job done??

how long does it take from start to finish?

thanks

Comment

i had too ona facelift!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

icic thanks champ, its a sticky thing to take it off n on ??

Comment

i guess it depends where u put the ballast...
                          u dun need to take of the front bar if u can find somewhere to put the ballast

Comment

righto... any good DIY guides link for that ??

cheers

Comment

nice diy dude

Comment

All done

S2K retrofit owns all
                                hey kavehman,

if you dont mind me asking, how much did the s2k lenses set u back?
                                Did u source the entire headlight or just the projectors?

waiting patiently for your write-up... been wanting to do this to my dc2r...

Comment

Working...
                                X