Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carby to efi? how difficult?

Hey guys,

A quick question for the mechanical guru's out there... how difficult is to convert carby to efi? is it as easy as changing the fuel tank and fuel rails? any thing else?

Also does it matter if its a dual carby or single carby? or both requires the same amount of work?

Reason i ask is my gf purchased a civic breeze yesterday (1.3L carby yo!) and would sound fun converting it into a b-series civic... i have vtec fetish!
    sif it's a girls car
    sigpic

Originally posted by ryan_GTI View Post
    Hey guys,

A quick question for the mechanical guru's out there... how difficult is to convert carby to efi? is it as easy as changing the fuel tank and fuel rails? any thing else?

Also does it matter if its a dual carby or single carby? or both requires the same amount of work?

Reason i ask is my gf purchased a civic breeze yesterday (1.3L carby yo!) and would sound fun converting it into a b-series civic... i have vtec fetish!
    efi fuel tank and efi fuel harness is required for the conversion, and obviously the B series engine that you wanna put in it...efi fuel lines too if you dont want to use the carby ones.

Comment

thanks mate,

so it would be fine to use the fuel tank, harness and fuel lines off another efi eg or does it have to be off a b-series civic?
      sif it's a girls car
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_GTI View Post
        thanks mate,

so it would be fine to use the fuel tank, harness and fuel lines off another efi eg or does it have to be off a b-series civic?
        find all those bits from a efi eg and you should be on your way mate

Comment

if the breeze already has a low pressure intank fuel pump...

you could use the stock breeze tank, and add a surge tank with EFI pump...
          ... retired/

Comment

All you need the EFi fuel tank from an EG or Ek and the EFi wiring loom off an EFI EG (the complete wiring loom)
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
            STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

thanks-a-billion guys!
              sif it's a girls car
              sigpic

Comment

Don't forget to take lots of pics and do a write up on it
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:
                civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

I recently saw b16a half cuts for under $2500 for bothe eg and ef. These include every thing you need for a conversion.
                  F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Working...
                  X