No announcement yet.

Critique possible oil temp sensor install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a drain valve. I wouldn't trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
      I don't have a drain valve. I wouldn't trust it.
      as far as I can tell, this thread is about fitting a drain-valve thingy + an adaptor thingy, not just adaptor thingy...
      ... retired/

Comment

I can't help then sorry.

Comment

This is purely my opinion, but hanging two bits of threaded brass off an aluminium thread subject to a lot of vibrations is a terrible idea. Brass is not a high strength material, and the threads on those fittings are simply not designed to be put under bending stress, however minimal. Your suggestion might work fine and not break, but the risk is high, and advantages (apart from laziness) are nil.

I'd either pull the sump off and do the tinkerbell method, or T Bagger's method of an adapter for the drain plug seems fine too.

I wouldn't put one of those drain valves on my car either.

Comment

Hey Tom,

Thanks for chiming in!

Yeah I was thinking about this again last night, and just thought fuck it, just run an adapter to fit the sensor in, forget about the fumoto...

Because the fitting is at the sump, would it still experience all the high rpm vibrations though?
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Can confirm Fumoto sump plug is a bad idea. I've seen a sump plug fail and drop all the engine oil on a track.
              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

yeah, i'll get rid of it, for the sake that its just too hard to try and make it all work!

but i havent had any issues with mine since. its seen what 4 trackdays? im assuming maybe people just hand tighten it? but you need to get a spanner and just give it a bit more tightness too!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

just going to order the greddy adapter, so it will bolt right up to the defi sensors

http://www.shopgreddy.com/16400713.html

m14 x 1.5 male and female is 1/8PT (BSPT)
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Working...
                  X