Brake Rotors/Pads for a DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Rotors/Pads for a DC2R

My thoughts below, vehicle dc2 280mm diameter rotors....

I used the project mu rc09 for my last track day at sandown plus a few 100kms on the road.

On the track they were great, I smashed my pb and I'm sure some of that was down to more confidence and harder braking. This was the first time I've had my fluid boil and pedal went pretty soft by the end of the day (Pbr 600deg f fluid same as motul). They need a proper bed in, I had very bad shudder for 2 sessions on new rotors which I indexed to the hubs. After bedding in they were great. Prior to the track I tried bedding in on the street which felt fine but high speed braking still shuddered badly.

Cold performance is fine for a track pad, didn't really have any issues pulling up first stop on the street and they haven't been noisy at all but have only had limited street use. I used backing shims from other pads since they don't come with any.

IMO ebc reds are pretty average for track work. A few friends had them disintegrate after little use. Ebc yellow are better, I got about 5 track days out of them I think but probably wasn't braking as hard as I do now. They crumbled after that too. There's another ebc track pad now (orange??) which is supposed to be better according to ebc but I haven't tried them yet.
    Last edited by RC_dc2; 06-02-16, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X