Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cusco Strut Bar for GruppeM

Hi guys,
    Looking to buy a Cusco Strut brace for my DC5R but not sure which one fits over the GruppeM intake.
    Your help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Unsure of the Cusco bar would fit over a Gruppe M, but personally I'd recommend against the Cusco. If you must get a strut bar, then get a Mugen, as at least it maximises the (pretty tenuous) advantage of these items and it definitely fits over the Gruppe M (though you'll need to add a little padding on the rear side of the bar to prevent it rubbing on the intake).

Or just save your money for something worthwhile .

Comment

I re-call a user on this forum, Eltrix running a Cusco Strut Brace with his GruppeM which didn't fit.

Whilst the GruppeM will fit underneath the brace, it pushed the GruppeM against his shift linkages stopping him from changing gears.

Comment

I got a spoon strut, that fits!

Comment

Agreed RE Cusco with Tom.

I had one few years ago, and I felt absolutely no benefit from it. Did make the engine bay look half decent. but functionally had zero benefit
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Unsure of the Cusco bar would fit over a Gruppe M, but personally I'd recommend against the Cusco. If you must get a strut bar, then get a Mugen, as at least it maximises the (pretty tenuous) advantage of these items and it definitely fits over the Gruppe M (though you'll need to add a little padding on the rear side of the bar to prevent it rubbing on the intake).

Or just save your money for something worthwhile .
            Okay, thanks for that, so this would be the one that will definitely fit over the GruppeM?
            http://www.rhdjapan.com/mugen-hi-per...tegra-dc5.html

Comment

Originally posted by Drumstix4 View Post
              Okay, thanks for that, so this would be the one that will definitely fit over the GruppeM?
              http://www.rhdjapan.com/mugen-hi-per...tegra-dc5.html
              Yup, if you must get a strut bar and it must fit over the Gruppe M then that is the one I would get.

Picture for proof of fitment:

Comment

Hi guys, sorry about the thread hijack.

Will a stock DC5S front strut clear the GruppeM intake? I've an eye out for a GruppeM intake, but getting a new strut bar isn't a high priority for me unless its necessary for the intake to fit. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by mclor01 View Post
                  Hi guys, sorry about the thread hijack.

Will a stock DC5S front strut clear the GruppeM intake? I've an eye out for a GruppeM intake, but getting a new strut bar isn't a high priority for me unless its necessary for the intake to fit. Thanks!!
                  Pretty sure it fits

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Yup, if you must get a strut bar and it must fit over the Gruppe M then that is the one I would get.
                    Just got my mugen strut bar this morning and have installed it. Quick question, obviously i can't read Japanese but it looks as if that i need to take off the bonnet heat shield... is this the case? I have noticed that the bar already has some very light (barely noticeable) scuff marks on it. Should i remove it? Any heat issues arise?

Here is a pic of the instruction manual.

Comment

Sorry guys.
                      My Cusco strut bar fits over my GruppeM and also i was able to retain the OEM Strut bar aswell.
                      Can try get a photo for you if you'd like?
                      I have no issues with mine by the way.

Comment

It fitted over mine as I recall, btw the strut is also for sale
                        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by Drumstix4 View Post
                          Just got my mugen strut bar this morning and have installed it. Quick question, obviously i can't read Japanese but it looks as if that i need to take off the bonnet heat shield... is this the case? I have noticed that the bar already has some very light (barely noticeable) scuff marks on it. Should i remove it? Any heat issues arise?
                          Up to you whether you remove it, I still have the heat mat in place with just a pair of small indentations where the Mugen strut bar touches it when the bonnet is closed. Not a big deal.

Comment

For what it's worth, I removed the heat mat years ago when my bonnet was touched up. No issues at all. If I remember correctly, DC2Rs nevery even came with a heat mat from factory.

Comment

Working...
                            X