No announcement yet.

Projector Retrofit 06 Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by JN8x View Post
      I wouldn't mind having the JDM headlight package but they cost over $1k.

Here is a thread that I've read about retrofits
      http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=863969
      i heard JDM requires modifications to work on AUDM and i heard its not recommended.
      obed got it changed.
      AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post

Thanks for that! That's not a bad output for an eBay pair but the cutoff is all over the place lol which set did you pick up?

Comment

the cut off is like a V, its adjustable.
          dont know which set i got, got it like 2 years ago
          found the email...

05-06 RSX CCFL Halo BLK Projector Headlights Front Lamp

Sale price: US $166.99
          Estimated delivery: Varies
          Postage & Handling: Standard Shipping US $40.00
          Economy Shipping US $75.00
          Standard International Flat Rate Postage US $95.00
          USPS Priority Mail International US $145.00
          Seller: jdminnovation [contact seller]

Seller Information: Yin Chan
          City of Industry, CA 91744 United States
          Thank you for your purchase of 05-06 RSX CCFL Halo BLK Projector Headlights Front Lamp
          with eBay item #190573521574. I appreciate
          your business!
          Regards,
          jdminnovation
          jdminnovation.sales@gmail.com

Comment

It is definitely a pain in the ass to get the JDM HID's working. Took me awhile >.>" but damn is it worth it
            Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
              It is definitely a pain in the ass to get the JDM HID's working. Took me awhile >.>" but damn is it worth it
              pic of headlight and the light? =D

Comment

Potential problem with these US ebay headlamps are that they are designed for LHD cars not RHD cars so they can actually blind oncoming traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                  Potential problem with these US ebay headlamps are that they are designed for LHD cars not RHD cars so they can actually blind oncoming traffic.
                  theres a knob where you can adjust the height of the light beam

Comment

theres a knob where you can adjust the height of the light beam
                    Doesn't look like you've adjusted yours. Otherwise you're still blinding everyone from the looks of those photos!

Comment

Ive done couple of retrofits in my car before.

Its not as hard as you think it is.
                      definitely doable without breaking your current headlights. Just take your time and take extra care when prying open the headlighys. Also plan to have your car off road for ~1 week.

Make sure youre buying RHD projectors. Above pictures from jupiter are LHD projector and doesnt matter how you adjust it, tge cutoff will always be higher on the driverside.

Installing the projectors are easy part the hardest part is adjusting the beams.
                      I normally install the headlight housing back on the car but without the headlight lenses while adjusting the beam.

Checkout theretrofitsource.com for more useful tips and parts.

Comment

Originally posted by sugz View Post
                        Ive done couple of retrofits in my car before.

Its not as hard as you think it is.
                        definitely doable without breaking your current headlights. Just take your time and take extra care when prying open the headlighys. Also plan to have your car off road for ~1 week.

Make sure youre buying RHD projectors. Above pictures from jupiter are LHD projector and doesnt matter how you adjust it, tge cutoff will always be higher on the driverside.

Installing the projectors are easy part the hardest part is adjusting the beams.
                        I normally install the headlight housing back on the car but without the headlight lenses while adjusting the beam.

Checkout theretrofitsource.com for more useful tips and parts.

Thanks sugz I have begun my retrofit and almost done just waiting on some parts to complete the retro. Will post pictures once done

Comment

Working...
                        X