Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projector Retrofit 06 Type S

Hey guys,

Looking to retrofit projectors into my low beams I have a rough idea on what I need to do but am unsure on what size angel eyes to use as I intend use them aswell. Not trying to make it look ricey lol have seen retrofits on clubrsx and they look pretty damn good.

Any help will be appreciated

I'm also looking for OEM headlights used or new as a back up pair if something goes wrong with my pair.

If someone could point me in the right direction on where to purchase them it would be great.

Thanks in advance!

facelift/05-06 headlights are rare and expensive. Just leave as it is IMO
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

i bought aftermarket angel eyes and disabled the angel eyes just for the projectors =)
      AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

I would like to use HIDs but I don't want to be blinding people so I think retrofitting projectors would be my best option

Comment

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post
          i bought aftermarket angel eyes and disabled the angel eyes just for the projectors =)
          I was thinking about doing that but the ones I have found on eBay have terrible output from the pictures I seen

Comment

Originally posted by JN8x View Post
            I would like to use HIDs but I don't want to be blinding people so I think retrofitting projectors would be my best option
            How will you ensure that the retrofitted projector lens you're installing, not be aimed incorrectly to blind oncoming traffic anyway? Is it a possible for you to secure the projector lens into the house at an angle where the cut off is too high? Can you test the projector lens in the housing first before securing it? Keeping in mind you would need to mount it back into the car and have the car set up on a flat surface in front of a wall.

Also consider the high risk of damaging your current pair of headlights.
            It's very easy to melt the headlights, crack the plastic, angle the projector incorrectly and might not have an air tight seal after you seal it up. I agree with the others and keep it stock and use halogen bulbs.

Otherwise, there is a pair on OzHonda for sale, by the username TypeS. Here is the link to his for sale thread. (If you have access to the OzHonda Marketplace subforum)

It has been up for sale for quite some time, given they're OEM 05/06 headlights, which are highly sought after. I guess because it's been retrofitted with projectors, no one wants them.

Comment

I was thinking about doing that but the ones I have found on eBay have terrible output from the pictures I seen
              ill upload a pic with my headlights on later tonight =) i got mine off ebay haha was i think $370 inc shipping
              AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                How will you ensure that the retrofitted projector lens you're installing, not be aimed incorrectly to blind oncoming traffic anyway? Is it a possible for you to secure the projector lens into the house at an angle where the cut off is too high? Can you test the projector lens in the housing first before securing it? Keeping in mind you would need to mount it back into the car and have the car set up on a flat surface in front of a wall.

Also consider the high risk of damaging your current pair of headlights.
                It's very easy to melt the headlights, crack the plastic, angle the projector incorrectly and might not have an air tight seal after you seal it up. I agree with the others and keep it stock and use halogen bulbs.

Otherwise, there is a pair on OzHonda for sale, by the username TypeS. Here is the link to his for sale thread. (If you have access to the OzHonda Marketplace subforum)

It has been up for sale for quite some time, given they're OEM 05/06 headlights, which are highly sought after. I guess because it's been retrofitted with projectors, no one wants them.

Thanks for your insight Butter, I will be aiming them correctly before I properly mount them back into my car I have done this before with previous cars and I haven't been stopped or flashed by any other drivers so far.

Also thank you for the link I had a look at them and he has done a decent job with quality parts but I just don't see that justifying his asking price. I will be able to do it for less then half the cost he's asking

Comment

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post
                  ill upload a pic with my headlights on later tonight =) i got mine off ebay haha was i think $370 inc shipping
                  Thanks JupiteR would really appreciate it

Comment

Thanks for your insight Butter, I will be aiming them correctly before I properly mount them back into my car I have done this before with previous cars and I haven't been stopped or flashed by any other drivers so far.

Also thank you for the link I had a look at them and he has done a decent job with quality parts but I just don't see that justifying his asking price. I will be able to do it for less then half the cost he's asking
                    No worries. Just keep in mind your headlights are worth about that much, so you're looking at $500+ to replace them in worst case scenario. The difficult part would be sourcing a pair of headlights in the first place.

Do you have a photo of any facelift projector headlights that you're using as inspiration? I'd like to see why you think they're better than OEM.

Comment

No worries. Just keep in mind your headlights are worth about that much, so you're looking at $500+ to replace them in worst case scenario. The difficult part would be sourcing a pair of headlights in the first place.

Do you have a photo of any facelift projector headlights that you're using as inspiration? I'd like to see why you think they're better than OEM.
                      i feel projector light comes out, smoother, evenly dispersed <3

Comment

The output of proper projected headlights when done absolutely right look bloode awesome. but during the day light, gosh it looks fugly IMO
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          The output of proper projected headlights when done absolutely right look bloode awesome. but during the day light, gosh it looks fugly IMO
                          i like the black housing on my white car, but the angel rings..................i would like to crack open that egg and remove it or paint the rings in black.

Comment

You can get them off ebay. Check marz performance.
                            sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

I wouldn't mind having the JDM headlight package but they cost over $1k.

Here is a thread that I've read about retrofits
                              http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=863969

Comment

Working...
                              X