K24A2 in DC5 no workie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: engine temps on idle
    204*F or 95*C for water temps is okay. Just make sure your radiator fan kicks on when its supposed to (Default set 100*C iirc)
    And just noting that whilst idling, you're getting no air flow to cool down the car, so the engine will always being to heat up to a point where it needs to cool down by the radiator fans. I'd be comfortable knowing the engine temps are "okay" if the engine has run through 2 cycles of the engine heating up and being cooled back down by the radiator fans.

Gets any hotter than 100*C whilst idling, then I would start to worry.

But I'm glad its as simple as torquing down that one nut!

Comment

Thanks again for the responses. You best believe that i checked everything again! Well, my datalog is too big to attach, but i had 61 knocks within a ten minute ride home due to the lean issue. The so called '04-05 stock' calibration is quite bad. Hopefully i can find a decent tuner around San Diego.

Comment

Great news! Hopefully with a new map you'll be seeing some decent figures.

I gathered you were from the States, but I didn't realise you were from the San Diego, which of course in German means ‘a whale’s vagina.’

Comment

Haha. Im not native here! My job takes me all over the world and this is where it has me for the moment.

Comment

Just got my k24 tuned. I squeezed 153.8 kW and 264.38 Nm. Converted from hp and lb/ft of torque. Not sure how that scales with others, but I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
            X