No announcement yet.

DC5R overheating issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried flushing/cleaning your radiator. I had over hearing issues in my old car and the reason was a blocked radiator.
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
      I was only concerned about this temp difference because when out on the track, I want that extra buffer on temps.
      when your car is fully warmed, *carefully* touch the surface of the radiator fins with the back of your fingers to see if they are all evenly hot, try from the front side of the car so you dont have to unplug the radiator fans.

(i use a IR temperature gun to do this)

any area of the radiator surface that feels cooler, means you have a blockage.

as you car is not often driven for extended periods, a blockage could be a greater possibility compared to a car that is driven often...

if you are really concerned for a 'buffer' - i use distilled water + redline water wetter in my cooling system (ask Mugsee for some!)
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
        Have you tried flushing/cleaning your radiator. I had over hearing issues in my old car and the reason was a blocked radiator.

also check if there is any stuff e.g. leaves, plastic bag etc stuck on teh front side of the radiator
        ... retired/

Comment

The temps are aligned on both gauges. The water temps are now running at 85c which is ideal. I'm using demineralised water mixed with coolant. And there are nothing stuck to the front side of the radiator.

It sounds like everything is running fine. Maybe, before it wasn't running optimally hence the cold water and oil temps.

Comment

Working...
          X