Compatibility of hondata k pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatibility of hondata k pro

This may be a noob question and all but how compatible is say a prb kpro that was fitted to a type s with the converter and wideband .he then sold just k pro unit. ....that unit would then fit on any dc5 r , ep3r kseries correct.. iv heard all k pros r the same just depending on the ecu unit there installed in but iv also heard of reverse lock outs ...anyone shead some light .as iv researched with not much ....

According to Hondata:

Originally posted by Hondata
    Hondata makes hardware modifications to the 2002-2004 ECU enable it to work with the different sensors and actuators found on the 2005-2006 ECU. After these modifications the ECU will not function correctly on a 2002-2004 RSX.
    So according to them an 05-06 modified ECU will no longer run an earlier motor/harness. Apart from that the K pro units themselves are relatively universal, the differences come from the ECU onto which they are fitted. Ie. a base DC5 ECU will not have reverse lockout, a JDM PRC ECU will have no immobiliser functionality.

Comment

Thank you ChargeR .. so what is the reverse lockout feature ?

Comment

My understanding of reverse lockout is the inability to select reverse while moving. Prevent accidental gbox blows.
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
          Thank you ChargeR .. so what is the reverse lockout feature ?
          At a vehicle speed of 12 mph (20 km/h) or more, a signal from the ECM activates the reverse lockout solenoid, which
          pushes a select lock cam into the locked position. As a result, the select lever cannot rotate to the reverse select
          position making it impossible to engage reverse gear. At a vehicle speed of 9 mph (15 km/h) or less, the signal from
          the ECM is interrupted which turns off the reverse lockout solenoid. The select lock return spring pulls back the select
          lock cam enabling the select lever to move freely so the reverse gear can be selected once again.
          Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Ahh I see .the name is more of a give a way than I thought. .I thought it might had been a like a backtrack feature of a sort....totally wrong .
            Much appreciated guys

Comment

Can anyone clarify if the function of the reverse lock out also prevents the "crunch" noise when trying to select reverse whilst traveling at speed? Re: traveling >20km/h

In my experience, I have accidentally changed from 5th gear into the Reverse gear, however upon engaging reverse gear, there was a loud, high pitched crunch. (traveling at 100km/h)

This experience has left me baffled if that is the normal symptoms of a functioning Reverse Lock out. I'm under the impression that it didn't work, as we're not supposed to crunch the gearbox and that its mechanically impossible to engage Reverse gear whilst traveling forward? (Can a gearbox even select reverse if the counter shafts are spinning in reverse directions?)

Has anyone else utilised their "reverse lock out" function? What happened when you tried? Was there the same noise?

*side note: i'm using a EP3R ECU WITH KPRO using Y2M3 (AUDM K20A2) Gearbox*

Comment

If you had of selected reverse @ 100km/h you would have blown reverse gear nicely
                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Before I went to my haltec ecu the reverse gear would kick in above 20kmh and not allow me to throw the shifter in the reverse area at all. It would create a barrier lets say not allowing you to move into the line to the right of 5/6. Now that I have the haltec I have the same issue as you. I no longer have that little barrier and can go into the reverse area and if I pull down it grinds away as you want to place the gear that runs opposite to the current motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
                    Before I went to my haltec ecu the reverse gear would kick in above 20kmh and not allow me to throw the shifter in the reverse area at all. It would create a barrier lets say not allowing you to move into the line to the right of 5/6. Now that I have the haltec I have the same issue as you. I no longer have that little barrier and can go into the reverse area and if I pull down it grinds away as you want to place the gear that runs opposite to the current motion.
                    Haltech doesn't have reverse lockout? That's news to me.

Comment

Thanks for your response Batchy. That clarifies that I don't have Reverse Gear lock out with (my) EP3R ECU, as I've never experienced any 'barrier' that prevents my gear stick to go right into the "reverse gear" area.

Comment

I just tested reverse lockout. It is active and functional on my haltech. Just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                          I just tested reverse lockout. It is active and functional on my haltech. Just an FYI.
                          I have to look into mine then. I asked Adrian to see if he could fix it but it didn't work. Might have to test my solinod then.

Cheers darknt.

All good butters.

Comment

Working...
                          X