No announcement yet.

97 civic build-b16a2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First change the headers to PLM or Toda headers. Then cams, throttle body, intake manifold and then if your bothered do a b18 Frankenstein.

Comment

B20 bottom end with decent headers and an exhaust should do it
      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tiana View Post
        First change the headers to PLM or Toda headers. Then cams, throttle body, intake manifold and then if your bothered do a b18 Frankenstein.
        I want to keep the b16 in it, unless I get offered a eg with a blown engine then ill drop my engine in that and go k20! But for now I don't want to over do it, I think firstly ill look for cams. Eventually I want to buy a LSD

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
          B20 bottom end with decent headers and an exhaust should do it
          Will the b16 head fit the b20 bottom ?

Comment

Originally posted by eknugget View Post
            Will the b16 head fit the b20 bottom ?
            Yes it will. My mate had a b16a2 head, b20b bottom end and a b18c7 (type r) gear box and his car was a weapon
            Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
              Yes it will. My mate had a b16a2 head, b20b bottom end and a b18c7 (type r) gear box and his car was a weapon
              Sounds like it would have been! When I get enough money ill eventually do a swap for now maybe a tune, and cams

Comment

B20 is surprisingly easy mechanically. The B20 from Crv's is essentially a non vtec 2 litre b16. Tuning is where most people run into a problem. No one really makes pre-tuned chips or ECU's for frank engines so they usually need to be tuned in a shop. That can get pretty pricey.

Also don't worry too much about an LSD if you aren't pushing much power. They are fucking expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jooboy View Post
                  B20 is surprisingly easy mechanically. The B20 from Crv's is essentially a non vtec 2 litre b16. Tuning is where most people run into a problem. No one really makes pre-tuned chips or ECU's for frank engines so they usually need to be tuned in a shop. That can get pretty pricey.

Also don't worry too much about an LSD if you aren't pushing much power. They are fucking expensive.

Disagree with that. A ff sport car needs a LSD. or some form of traction control. No point putting ruffly 100kws AT A WHEEL.
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    [/B]

Disagree with that. A ff sport car needs a LSD. or some form of traction control. No point putting ruffly 100kws AT A WHEEL.
                    I agree that they have a purpose. I also think spending $1500 on an lsd could be used elsewhere more effectively at the start of a build.

Comment

Originally posted by Jooboy View Post

They are ! If I am able to pick one up cheap I might consider it but if you put it that way the money could go to something else

Comment

Working...
                      X