This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guard pulling

hey guys i just wanted to ask you's about the wheel guards fitting 17x9 +22 wheels. just wanted to ask you since im pretty new to the car scene and the whole DIY stuff aswell, but what does it mean by having the guards pulled? i understand the termology of rolling the guards coz thats pretty straight forward but as for pulling the guards what does it do? how would you explain into depth about it because i tried to find out what does it do and so i could have a clearer understanding of it.

Just think about rolling the guards out more. You pull them out so there's more space to fit.

(You don't need to do this for 17x9 + 22 though)

Comment

17x9+22 will easily fit dc5 with a 225/45/17 and a guard roll. can go low if you run -2 camber at rear and roughly -2.5 front
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

go 9.5+22. more stretch, less camber!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

ahhh thanks guys for your help and knowledgement. ill be running 225/40 for tire size. and just wanted a clearer idea of the work thats up ahead of me.
          Last edited by mountfranklin; 28-10-13, 07:03 PM. Reason: TYPO

Comment

Im running 235/45 with scrubbing on the rear bar. -3 camber in the rear. Front is fine but i have quite a stiff setting otherwise id rub as well. With about 1 finger gap all round
            Last edited by Hau; 02-09-13, 05:00 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
              Im running 235/45 with scrubbing on the rear bar. -3 camber in the rear. Front is fine but i have quite a stiff setting otherwise id rub as well. With about 1 finger gap all round
              isnt it low? i had 1 finger gap all around in my stockies and it was too low.. i was scraping in the city ==" and i had to raise the front to 2 finger gap and the rears aswell..my suspension is pretty sitff aswell... feeling every bump but gotten use to it haha

Comment

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
                isnt it low? i had 1 finger gap all around in my stockies and it was too low.. i was scraping in the city ==" and i had to raise the front to 2 finger gap and the rears aswell..my suspension is pretty sitff aswell... feeling every bump but gotten use to it haha
                It won't be as low as your car sacked on stockies cos diff size wheel/tyre size plus degree of camber you'll run.. Just get 225/45 tyres with -2.5 all round and you'll be right with one finger gap.

I got 17x9+22, 235/40 tyres, one finger gap all round, no issues. Front coils are max stiffness though and can occasionally scrub when u drive into small potholes/large grooves in the road.
                > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
                  As and has stated. Its alot different compared to stockies, as they are 16's and make the car sit lower. And i like to run fat tyres as i dont like stretched tyres. All you'll need to do is to roll the rears and you should be fine if you run 225/45/17. 245/40 you wilk most likely scrub in the rear depending how low you are. The front i still scrub every now and then but that cant be helped unless i raise the car or remove the splash guard
                  sigpic

Comment

close thread

Comment

Working...
                    X