Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Idle / Sticky Throttle

Hey guys,
    I have this problem where when driving normally when I drop from any gear into neutral the car revs up to 2k rpm and revs between 1-2k until I stop completely. Then it'll drop to 1k and occasionally rev itself
    This is a very annoying problem as it used to rev at 1-2k ALL the time...
    Also now when I'm driving and I let go of the accelerator I feel as if the car is still going a bit, like the throttle is still going.
    Even when I gear down with no rev matching the revs don't drop but seem to rev up itself
    When I let go of the throttle the car jerks a bit and when I put my foot back on its not smooth, this issue only occurred after I cleaned the IACV
    So things that I've done to try and fix it.
    - Cleaned Intake
    - Cleaned ThrottleBody and IACV
    - Reset K-Pro

Any other ideas guys? It's really starting to annoy me, sorry if the explanation isn't thorough enough.
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

I know this may sound stupid... but how's the tension on your throttle cable?...

Not that too tight a cable would allow revs to drop at a complete stop...

Comment

Unplug your Idle control and set your base idle then plug the idle control back in and see how you go.

Your tune may be out of wack also, if it wasn't doing it before then most likely not but if its been doing it ever since the tune that may be your problem.
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
        I know this may sound stupid... but how's the tension on your throttle cable?...

Not that too tight a cable would allow revs to drop at a complete stop...
        Na the cable is fine, not too tight.

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
        Unplug your Idle control and set your base idle then plug the idle control back in and see how you go.

Your tune may be out of wack also, if it wasn't doing it before then most likely not but if its been doing it ever since the tune that may be your problem.
        How would you go about setting your base idle?
        It was doing it before but randomly, now it's every time I stop.
        Yeah I was thinking it was the tune as well, because it's been a while since this car was tuned.
        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Please check your tps reading in your kpro manager. Read it whilst throttle off and then at WOT.
          Also please check for a vacuum leak.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
            Na the cable is fine, not too tight.

How would you go about setting your base idle?
            It was doing it before but randomly, now it's every time I stop.
            Yeah I was thinking it was the tune as well, because it's been a while since this car was tuned.
            Paramaters in kpro,
            Idle tab
            disable IACV and adjust adle speed.
            Test to see if this works.
            Then enable IACV

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            Please check your tps reading in your kpro manager. Read it whilst throttle off and then at WOT.
            Also please check for a vacuum leak.
            ^^^ This is what i would do.
            If its not reading around 0% closed and 100% open you have 2 options.
            1: try to calibrate the TPS by loosening the screws on the tps and adjusting by hand (Have kmanager open and on "display" as this will give you a reading as you adjust)
            DO NOT HAVE ENGINE ON. Just ignition
            Then when its set to or as close to 0% hit READ on the TPS tab when closed and read when TB is open 100%.

2: If after this process the TPS is still out of wack its time to replace TPS.

I am currently having issues with my K24 swap with Idle issues and I have only just figured out my tps is F**K3d.

Hope this helps

Comment

Timmy, you can calibrate the TPS minimum and maximum readings via KManager.
              You can calibrate / adjust it manually, however it's simpler doing it in KManager (clicking 2 buttons).

Huy, did you remove the black housing and cleaned the magnetic rotor / valve that spins the plate around? Does the plate spin around freely- so freely that if you just rotate the IACV around, the force of gravity will be strong enough to spin the plate around. If not, you still have a sticky IACV.
              (To remove the black housing that covers this, you should see 2 x 5 star torx screws. Best bet to find a this piece from Total Tools as Masters, Bunnings, Repco, Autobarn don't have this)

As a quick diagnostic of this, have the car running stationary with the throttle body exposed. You should see the IACV bypass opening at the bottom of your throttle body just in front of the butterfly valve. Block up the opening with your fingers (like 3-4 fingers to make an air tight seal). If your car stops Rev Hunting then thats your culprit. Idle hunting should stop immediately once you get an air tight seal blocking it with your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                Timmy, you can calibrate the TPS minimum and maximum readings via KManager.
                You can calibrate / adjust it manually, however it's simpler doing it in KManager (clicking 2 buttons).
                Yes, but I think its better to get a 'mechanical' calibrated TPS rather then compensating in Kmanager the values...
                Also the TPS should have the correct volt reading when closed and open. Calibrating by hand will get these results.

Comment

Working...
                X