Choosing the right engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing the right engine mounts

Been looking around for some mounts. Some people have even said engine mounts are probably one of the best mods you can do on your car.

Quite the range, and from some reading I've seen a lot of people favouring Hasport or Hardrace. ESMM inserts don't look like the best option in comparison to the others. My car is going to be used mostly for daily driving and the occasional track day/spirited driving so I'd like to look at something like 60A or 62A. From Hasport, I've noticed that there's no front mount with the set but that's ok since many people mix and match mounts.

What I'd like to know is, what mounts would you guys recommend for a car like mine? I'm sure some of you also use their cars in a similar manner
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Hardrace 62a can't go wrong knobby!
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

I run the mugen set for the front three and a hasport 62a in the rear, I have no complaints
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
        Hardrace 62a can't go wrong knobby!
        That was my first instinct and I'm fighting the urge to buy now. Want to do more research first.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
        I run the mugen set for the front three and a hasport 62a in the rear, I have no complaints
        Sounds awesome Nate. Is the mugen set omitting the rear mount only?
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Have a look at J's Racing too

They're sort of like the Mugen ones (OEM design with harder rubber I think?) but a bit stiffer.
          J's Racing says it's 20% stiffer than stock (Whatever that means haha)

Cabin vibrates a bit on idle, but I still find it comfortable and I daily the car pretty much everywhere ^_^
          I've seen posts on UK Type R forums saying it emits more vibrations than Hasport 62a, but Dedy from Top One says it vibrates less.. o.O Go figure haha.

Best to take rides in other cars to see how they feel! =)

Comment

Yeah Mugen is just trany, front and driver, they are just oem mounts with a harder compound rubber, I got them years ago cause the car was dd by my mrs, and now it's just a weekend warrior I added the hasport for the extra stiffness.
            It's just my combo though, and I like it, but many other guys have J's and hardrace as well and seem to report good things
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
              Some people have even said engine mounts are probably one of the best mods you can do on your car.
              those people are usually replacing broken ones?

i use and recommend Innovative billet mounts in "track" 75A spec black with Energy Suspension front mount inserts.

but i also have no stereo, no rear wiper, no A/C system, 160kW and 7 state hillclimb records...

it is pretty harsh if you don't like vibrations, but the hooked-up feeling when you hit the throttle and the car just launches so damn hard is worth it...
              ... retired/

Comment

just get the ESMM inserts..cheap and cheerful
                Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                Flickr
                my car blog - Have a read
                my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by aRze View Post
                  Have a look at J's Racing too )
                  Sounds pricey haha

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                  Yeah Mugen is just trany, front and driver, they are just oem mounts with a harder compound rubber, I got them years ago cause the car was dd by my mrs, and now it's just a weekend warrior I added the hasport for the extra stiffness.
                  It's just my combo though, and I like it, but many other guys have J's and hardrace as well and seem to report good things
                  I'm partial to Mugen. Love the name, love their products. Just the steep pricing. Get what you pay for though.

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  i use and recommend Innovative billet mounts in "track" 75A spec black with Energy Suspension front mount inserts.
                  Haha. Don't think I'll ever try 75A unless dedicated track car. Innovative look like a well priced brand however I'm struggling to find suppliers.

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                  just get the ESMM inserts..cheap and cheerful
                  Yeah did consider esmm inserts but it's there any difference in using the stock mounts with inserts compared to billet mounts? Or just bling?

CW DC5R Build

Comment

and 7 state hillclimb records...
                    lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
                      lol.
                      its hard to win a hillclimb championship with floppy engine mounts

Haha. Don't think I'll ever try 75A unless dedicated track car. Innovative look like a well priced brand however I'm struggling to find suppliers.?
                      contact these guys for shipping quote:

http://thmotorsports.com/innovative_.../i-148912.aspx
                      ... retired/

Comment

its hard to win a hillclimb championship with floppy engine mounts
                        QFT!

I run a set of OEM engine mounts that have been filled with two part polyutherane (not the caulk-gun stuff from Bunnings). They're basically on par with OEM comfort, as there aren't any rubber bits that overhang the mount that transfer vibrations throughout the car however I suspect that they don't do as good a job as other aftermarket mounts in preventing motor movement, as I do get a bit of axel-tramp if I'm being silly.
                        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

go hasport man.

imo why bother spending the time/labour/money removing oem mounts to insert esmm, just replace then. IMO the hasports have had my zero troubles over the past 4 years!
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Yeah did consider esmm inserts but it's there any difference in using the stock mounts with inserts compared to billet mounts? Or just bling?
                            its a lot stiffer than the softest aftermarket mounts. i had them with stock mounts.
                            Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                            Flickr
                            my car blog - Have a read
                            my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

I've got ESMM, made a massive difference. Car pulls harder, vibrates a bit more, but that has softened over a few months. Noticeably better than OEM and cheaper option, but never tried the other ones. I was too scared to try the billet ones when Top One told me they are prone to cracking (but that may be on hardcore race cars). I cracked the rubber in my OEM after first track day

only negative is i've found the car uses a bit more fuel (gone from averaging 7.2L/100km to about 8.0 (might just be due it making more noise on the stock exhaust and me driving with a heavier foot)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                              X