Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info/possible G.buy: Wilwood Dynalite Big Brake Front Kit

Hi people,

I am considering a front brake kit upgrade and Wilwood has always been an option I wanted to explore so I obtained a quote from VPW Australia here in Epping VIC - vpw.com.au , after being redirected by Wilwood.com.

My reasons for considering the 4 pot Wilwood Dynalite Big Brake Front Hat Kit: it comes with bigger rotors over OEM with 2 choice of rotors, HP(track whores will go this)or crossdrilled slotted SRP rotors, PolyMatrix pads that goes with it and all brackets & hardware bits, GT Series Rotor mounting hats, 4 pot calipers with red/black/polished choices, plus brake hose kit(dunno if this includes rear), quite an upgrade you would feel - My car is mainly a daily driver with the max 2 track days a year - why would I want an overkill (apart from added bling factor ) Alcon, AP Racing, Brembo, Jap Brand X brakes over $2/3K for 99% street, 1% track or country spirited drives.... although I must say I do drive the car hard most times... so wife don't feel safe and greenlights safety and handling upgrades....hehehehe

Those who want pics/catalogue/tech details - please go www.wilwood.com and you can download full or smaller size catalogues.

The short jizz of it is that I came back with a quote for a set for DC5R for:

Brake kit A$1090.00 - Choice of Red calipers, HP rotors
    Hose kit is A$139.00

Total : A$1229/-

I am now in the process of asking them what kind of deal members may get with a groupbuy from ClubITR.com.au, concurrently asking for DC2R bros out there for a similar application. Let's see what their quote is and how much interest we can gather here thereafter. . Also trying to gather if any info available for rims clearance requirements...

I dunno about you guys, unless someone can share what you know of any downside to this reasonable option for a tight-ass enthusiast like me, given my intended use... I reckon this is an option many don't consider...but deserving of mention.

I am avoiding to organise and coordinate a groupbuy as I am pretty busy at this time of the year until Oct, best option is a group-buy organised with peeps liasing with VPW directly for payment/deliveries, while a list of names/nick/license number can be used to track for vendor who are in at quoted price.

I will keep all posted when more info is available, in the end I may not get it right away as coilovers is still a priority for me or someone else may take over from then to proceed with a groupbuy if there's interest. Thought I pass on the info in case some members here might benefit from it.... - btw pls be patient as I can't be on the forum except lunch times or at night, so turn around time will be slower than before.

Last edited by dy1973; 14-08-06, 11:24 PM.

i'm interested if they've got a model for the base.

or interested if someone gets them and decides to sell their OEM DC5R stuff
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh
      i'm interested if they've got a model for the base.

or interested if someone gets them and decides to sell their OEM DC5R stuff

I just refer to catalogue - Acura RSX 5 lug - no mention of base/type S, my hunch is its good for both or no difference...damn another question to ask the dude. Thats why i hate groupbuys...

Comment

i'll register my interest

DC5R thanx

oh, and possible shipping around australia too would be nice

Comment

please talk to blackdc2 as he has a set of wilwoodds on his car

Comment

guys, wilwood dont make a 5 stud kit/hat for our cars (DC2)(unless things have change recently) plus the lines didnt fit.

I had my hats custom made to 5 stud with the correct offset.

dont use the polymatrix pads, your disk wont last long at all (trust me, i know)

you can source the kits from the states much cheaper.

I bought mine from http://hotrodsusa.com/

by the time i had custom hats made and imported the kit from the states, it cost me about $1500

Comment

i want brake lines for dc5r please. can u include this in the group buy?
              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

sang, the wilwood lines are not ideal for our road usage, (non-coated)

and im pretty sure wilwood made dc5R 5 stud BBK
                JDMyard.com *brand new shop coming soon*

email us info@jdmyard.com , i do not check pm

Comment

Originally posted by z10
                  sang, the wilwood lines are not ideal for our road usage, (non-coated)

and im pretty sure wilwood made dc5R 5 stud BBK
                  ahh ok. fair enough. thanks zi. might just get brembo ones from mercury.
                  almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

I was interested in these before, but the Wilwood Kit comes with a smaller caliper then stock. I dunno how much better that would be????

Also if you decide to go group buy then try and organise for them to chuck in a free proportioning valve.

Comment

How do I paste Dynalite PDF catalogue extract pages up?

btw, the vendor so far has not impressed me at all with lack of support info, or any response for more information whether technical or otherwise - his only comment other than the quote:

"Come back to me with some decent quantities & l will be able to squeeze down that price for sure"

Comment

Originally posted by dy1973
                        How do I paste Dynalite PDF catalogue extract pages up?

btw, the vendor so far has not impressed me at all with lack of support info, or any response for more information whether technical or otherwise - his only comment other than the quote:

"Come back to me with some decent quantities & l will be able to squeeze down that price for sure"

who were u dealing with at vpw? ive dealt with joe and he provided excellent customer service on an item i wrongly selected.. mind you, i didnt ask for any technical details so i dunno what their knowledge is like. i assume it would be limited for honda applications as most of their parts is for push rods.

Comment

Mmm keep me informed Daren
                          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                          http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Originally posted by AUDM DC5R
                            I was interested in these before, but the Wilwood Kit comes with a smaller caliper then stock. I dunno how much better that would be????

Also if you decide to go group buy then try and organise for them to chuck in a free proportioning valve.
                            smaller caliper maybe, but it has larger diameter rotors, giving better mechanical advantage.

although the pads might be smaller, the same pressure would be applied to the pads.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanracer.com
                              who were u dealing with at vpw? ive dealt with joe and he provided excellent customer service on an item i wrongly selected.. mind you, i didnt ask for any technical details so i dunno what their knowledge is like. i assume it would be limited for honda applications as most of their parts is for push rods.

I am dealing with Joe as well. Anyway, its kinda like chicken and egg, peeps may indicate interest with firm price range and he wants to see what kinda quantity before talking discounts.

Surfing around more from both Wilwood.com and reviews on CRSX, it seems the BB Front Hat kits can go into stock RSX rims without problems, US RSX stock rims are 16"? Red caliper option cost slightly more than the black. In the US, the BBK is around USD$700 new.

Some comments from others are that the caliper pistons do not have rubber dust seals/cover - which may or may not mean more maintenance to clean that? I don't know.

I should start a list of interested people.... will follow up more tonite ... time to go for a meeting.....

Comment

Working...
                              X