Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Custom straight pipe exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
    Call them up or email them. their website doesnt have the entire range of products they could have at any one time
    Ah I see....Just emailed now, see how we go Although their prices dont usually tend to be of the cheaper nature, Id be open to other sites/places to try.

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
      Ah I see....Just emailed now, see how we go Although their prices dont usually tend to be of the cheaper nature, Id be open to other sites/places to try.
      Email jesse streeter

Comment

I have searched high and low for a hks hi power in australia. Even called hks australia up too. You can not get them on australia. The only way to buy it is from the states. The hks hi power is discontinued for the dc5 in japan. I have been told by stevan that it is realy quiet. If youre willing to spend a bit more i recommend the js racing 60rs for roughly $1200 + shipping from jdmconcept. It is a very quiet exhaust and has a nice tone when you open it up. I would recommend staying away from varex systems as its a defect and the control gear is easily damaged as ameer has said. These days you want to bring as little attention you can get from the cops. So to sum up what eveyone has basically said. Buy a quality exhaust if you want decent power gains. Also maybe give dnapol a pm as he had a megapower rr on his old dc5 and see what his opinion is.
        sigpic

Comment

Jesse streeter and import monster have similar premiums. Difference is im piggyback their Yahoo search engine and translate it to English. Check other places as well like bidjdm or Rhdjapan, jdmyard, jdmconcept, etc.
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

The hks hi power is very hard to come by in japan as well. Ive also tried that option. There are some on ebay in the states. Also a few shops in the state have then in stock as well. Your best bet is to buy from the states if you want a hks or megapower rr. But there is a megapower for sale in sydney. His got a for sale thread on here. His username is paulcur or something along those lines. He is located in sydney
            sigpic

Comment

To quell this squabbling:

Spoon n1 axleback + t1r b-pipe w/ hi flow cat

Comment

Ive found one on eBay
                Just depends on shipping
                Ive also found it on various sites
                item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=320735407488&cmd=VIDESC

The thing that now worries me is that I emailed someone at hks and he said they dont make any products for a type s? Will the link above fit a 04 type s(05 upgrade)?

Comment

Google THmotorsports, they are a company in the US who stock hks hi power exhaust, they ship to aus and they are relatively well priced
                  Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                    Google THmotorsports,
                    www.thmotorsports.com

highly recommend them

http://thmotorsports.com/hks/hks_hip...4/i-37976.aspx

better confirm it will fit though!
                    Last edited by tinkerbell; 21-05-13, 09:33 PM.
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      www.thmotorsports.com

highly recommend them
                      I bought my clutch and flywheel off them, good service, price and shipping! +1
                      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

just to put things into perspective i have a type s, i was dynoed with a stock catback, headers, ecu, tune and e85. i made 138 kw. but the stock catback i had, also had an xforce cannon with a 3 inch inlet welded on, instead of the rear muffler. just to see the gains from open header, my tuner did a few runs, and it made 142 kw consitently. so 4kw difference between the stock catback piping and running open header, which is probably equivalent to a straight pipe. the type s catback is very good, as it decreases in diameter from beginning to end. its the rear muffler thats very restrictive. If i were you, i wouldn't bother with a catback, save up for headers and a tune.

Comment

really? thats still 4fwkw but dont think thats worth an extra 400 bucks. did you use a hi flow cat? that usually helps. Does it sound good with just the muffler? I really want some nice deep loud sound

Comment

Are you sure you want an exhaust which is loud even on idle? Thr droning ands lack of sound insulation will drive you nuts. I've got headers, standard cat, custom b pipe and oem muffler and its really quite deep when you open up the throttle. Wouldn't imagine too many gains with the oem axelback but it keeps me clear from unwanted attention.

Edit: if you're keen on a cheap hi power:
                            http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=40639375
                            Last edited by knobosaurus; 22-05-13, 07:32 AM.
                            Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Im awaiting a reply from the clubrsx member
                              As for THmotorsports they have it on backorder and will be atleast a month before I can get a price
                              All aus places say the hks is discontinued. ..
                              Theres an apexi n1 evolution on ebay for really cheap
                              Is this any good?
                              I know im draining everyones life but I guess its good for all others looking for the right exhaust

Comment

Working...
                              X