Exhaust scraping help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust scraping help

Ok guys my exhaust on my dc5 sits really low and scrapes over 90% of speed bumps. Other than raising my car to make it not scrape, are there any other things that can be done?
    Have a read of my build thread

Afraid not. If you're not raising the height, the b pipe will scrape. Many lowered dc5r exhausts end up with flattened b sections.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
      Afraid not. If you're not raising the height, the b pipe will scrape. Many lowered dc5r exhausts end up with flattened b sections.
      Hahah yehh but I've herd of people modifying the b-pipe or something like that. That scrape noise kills me

Comment

You can try going to an exhaust shop and see if they can modify your b-pipe to be more flat against the chassis. But it could ruin your air flow.
        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

more first world problems.

Comment

run just headers!

Comment

The exhaust hanger that holds the b-pipe up can sometimes be responsible for a low hanging exhaust.

I use to remove that exhaust hanger and zip tie the b-pipe up to the chasis for a bit more clearance, and adjusted the rear hangers if required to compensate for the way it now sat. It worked for me, may not for you.
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Michael, just out of curiosity, how did the zip ties hold up with the heat? Were you constantly replacing them?

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                  Michael, just out of curiosity, how did the zip ties hold up with the heat? Were you constantly replacing them?
                  you can get metal cable tires. or cheaper a hose clamp!..
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

The larger plastic ones held up fine. The smaller ones won't hold the exhaust up and will break easily.

As Karl said though, metal ones would be perfect.
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

I will try your technique mugsee and see how i go

Comment

Working...
                      X