[DIY] Install DC5 Rear Sway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DIY] Install DC5 Rear Sway

This is a pretty straight forward process, but I thought since I was changing mine today I’d take the time to take a few photos and hopefully help those hoping to DIY it themselves.

ClubITR and myself take no responsibility for any misadventures that may befall you if you attempt this DIY, please only proceed if you have all the right tools and adequate mechanical knowledge.

What you will need:
    Jack
    Jack Stands
    Allen Key (5M I believe but I just tried a couple until it fit)
    14mm Spanner
    12mm Socket
    Ratchet
    Grease (I used lithium grease)

Note - I did just myself, if you have 2 people feel free to do both sides simultaneously to save some time.

Step 1

Jack the car up and support using jack stands.

Step 2

Insert the allen key into the end link and unscrew the nut using the 14mm spanner. You’ll need to hold the allen key to stop the end link from spinning. Do this for both sides.

Step 3

Undo the bolts holding the bushings in place. (2 each side)

Be careful, once you unscrew these the sway will come loose and may fall down.

Step 4

Here’s a comparison between the aftermarket and stock AUDM rear sway.

Now the bushings from your stock sway won’t fit the aftermarket, so take your new ones (should have been included with your sway), grease them up and slide them on.

Press your brackets over the new bushings too.

Step 5

Install your new sway in the reverse order. You may need to wiggle it a bit to get it onto the endlinks nicely (Also make sure you’re installing it the right way up) and then you’re done!

Didn’t realise how bad the photo was but it started to rain!

Last edited by M@lew; 14-04-13, 03:22 PM.

Don't forget to grease the bushings.

Comment

Whoops forgot to add that in. I'll do it when I'm back at my comp.

Comment

Also remember to put brackets on right way up
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Nice one Matt. Thanks for sharing
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Perfect thanks Matt, planning on doing this soon!
            S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

what spring rates all round are you running and what size is the front sway bar?

I had the cusco rear sway bar a long time ago (25mm i believe) and there was an unbelievable amount of uncontrollable snap oversteer. I was running with 8kg F/ 10kg Rear and front EP3R (25.4mm i believe) swaybar. It was ok on semi's, manageable, but even on sticky summer tyres, forget it. I prefer the 22mm rear jdm bar as an upgrade.
              Last edited by andrew84tran; 14-04-13, 01:22 AM.
              eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                what spring rates all round are you running and what size is the front sway bar?

I had the cusco rear sway bar a long time ago (25mm i believe) and there was an unbelievable amount of uncontrollable snap oversteer. I was running with 8kg F/ 10kg Rear and front EP3R (25.4mm i believe) swaybar. It was ok on semi's, manageable, but even on sticky summer tyres, forget it. I prefer the 22mm rear jdm bar as an upgrade.
                Front is an EP3 sway. (25.4mm)

Spring rates - F - 10KG R - 16KG

I've driven the car with an EP3 rear before, I'll keep you updated on how this one performs.

Comment

Just installed my RSB last week too. Was tossing up between the Cusco and Whiteline adjustable... went with Whiteline due to the price difference though.

Comment

Working...
                  X