DC5 Headlight adjusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Headlight adjusting

Does anyone by any chance have a picture (not a diagram) of where the adjuster is to change the level at which the headlights shoot at? ive found diagrams.. but for the life of me cant find it in real life.... my headlights shoot way too high and ive been getting flashed alot from cars that ive been blinding.

Not that ive done it on a Dc5 but ive done it on other hondas. there are 2 bolts. one for left and right and one for up and down! best bet is to park level facing a wall about 10m from you. So you can lower them and have both beams inline! also wouldnt have the light 100% straight, as remember when you accelerate the cars front lifts!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
      Does anyone by any chance have a picture (not a diagram) of where the adjuster is to change the level at which the headlights shoot at? ive found diagrams.. but for the life of me cant find it in real life.... my headlights shoot way too high and ive been getting flashed alot from cars that ive been blinding.
      use the diagram to mark out on a wall with masking tape where the lights should aim, then adjust them...

like it shows here: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=169724

remember our RHD is opposite to LHD
      ... retired/

Comment

and um, gotta ask - are they the original headlights and bulbs?
        ... retired/

Comment

the bulbs arent original, they are some phillips vision ones but this only really started happening after my car went for repairs and I got an entire new headlight (honda original) installed.

Ive seen that diagram and ive tried to find that screw but must be the asian widescreen eyes but cant friggin find it!!

ill have a look again. i looked up the car manual... "go see honda technician".. useless lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
            the bulbs arent original, they are some phillips vision ones but this only really started happening after my car went for repairs and I got an entire new headlight (honda original) installed.

Ive seen that diagram and ive tried to find that screw but must be the asian widescreen eyes but cant friggin find it!!

ill have a look again. i looked up the car manual... "go see honda technician".. useless lol.
            if it was done under insurance - you should take it back and get the light fitted properly!

regardless of the insurance - you should still take it back and demand it is fitted properly...

adjusting it might not fix it if it is installed improperly!!!

you are at risk of being defected otherwise...
            ... retired/

Comment

i recently installed phillips crystal vision,nowhere near as bright as HID's but seem like the better option to me for some reason, probs cuz i don't have to worry anbout a ballast and long term fogging of inside of the lights >< but i have yet to adjust mine, will let you know how it goes after adjustment, although im adjusting it on the type s headlight, should be the same though
              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
              NSEX

Comment

Working...
              X