K20/A3 Oil pumps......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
    I have read and been told that the oil squirter must be blocked off otherwise you will have low oil pressure...
    HERE
    can you direct us to where on that page exactly?
    ... retired/

Comment

"Also, if you delete those balance shafts you'll have an open oil orifice in the main bearing cap #3 on the lower plate. YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE JET AND PLUG THAT HOLE OR YOU WILL HAVE VERY LOW OIL PRESSURE! Here's how! A wood screw and a 12mm honda bolt coated with RTV =)

Put your oil pan back on! You can use the steel one that comes with the K24 if you keep the balance shafts but if you use the type-S oil pump you're going to have to use your aluminum one."

"A small oil port (used on the OE K24 pump also needs to be plugged to prevent loss of vital oil pressure.

Last edited by Timmy_B; 13-02-13, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Ah, OK - that is plugged in the K20A block by a bolt - so no big deal... i thought you were talking about something else!

and looking at the K20A service manual, the K20A2/3 pumps look the same.
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          Ah, OK - that is plugged in the K20A block by a bolt - so no big deal... i thought you were talking about something else!

and looking at the K20A service manual, the K20A2/3 pumps look the same.
          Cheers Tinks.
          Yeah its blocked in the K20A but will need to be blocked in the K24 if using the K20 pump.

Comment

There not call "oil squirters" my bad i assume the wrong thing.

There a c^&t to get out. Goodluck.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
              There not call "oil squirters" my bad i assume the wrong thing.

There a c^&t to get out. Goodluck.
              My bad..... I have been reading and heard people call them 'squirters'

Thanks all for the help

Comment

Working...
              X