servicing question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolwtfhai View Post
    Btw, I have an fn2, so the gearbox is different to a dc5 of course. Question is, does the game change when it comes to using motul LSD type II? Would it be okay for my car if i used that oil?
    what sort of LSD does the FN2 have?

also - what sort of racing are you going to be doing? sprints or endurance?
    ... retired/

Comment

Re: servicing question!!

My fn2 doesn't have lsd lol, some mechanical shit or rather....

I don't track the car, just want to keep it in the best of condition. I also have a slight 3rd gear synchro problem, which I heard a good oil can temporarily eliminate.

Thanks again for all the good info peeps!!
      Project TOPLESS

Comment

I don't track the car, just want to keep it in the best of condition.
        then follow the manufacturers directions,

changing to fancy oils only helps when you do fancy things...
        ... retired/

Comment

Re: servicing question!!

I didn't know fancy oils didn't help non-fancy driving
          Project TOPLESS

Comment

I didn't know fancy oils didn't help non-fancy driving
            I know, that is why you are asking questions in this thread?

live and learn
            ... retired/

Comment

servicing question!!

Amsoil synchromesh is a 'fancy' oil that can be used in our k20 oem lsd transmissions

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
              using Tapatalk
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I agree with tinkerbell that fancy oils won't do anything magical for your situation, however they won't do any harm either. You just won't make use of the advantage that they provide.

That being said, if your current transmission fluids is old and worn, ur third gear issues (if notchy, and not a synchro issue) might be fixed with a fresh fluid change of whatever oil you use. If it doesn't, take a look at the thread on shifting I posted up in the technical section for tips on how to preserve your gearbox.
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

thanks mugsee, that was a much better answer.

so in saying that, i take it ill just be better off with a simple fluid change. honda mtf way to go? or something better?
                  Project TOPLESS

Comment

I would suggest trying out either one of the two first and seeing how you like it, and then switching over to the other fluid when you're next transmission service change comes around to see if there's any notable difference for you're application. The price difference between the two is negligible.

The general consensus is that a lot of guys love one and just as many love the other. Nobody hates on either of them though.

Have you had a look online specifically for a fn2r and what others recommend?
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X