Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A crash course in transmissions and shifting (to potentially avoid grinding)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, i haven't been double clutching when skipping gears, just normal single clutch rev matching now you get me worried haha

Comment

nothing to wory about una91/bau53

imo the kind of situation that would require double clutch would be 6th/5th to 3rd at 97kph or 5th to 2nd at 68kph (see what im doing there).

basically a downshift with a very large difference in rpm

PS: and maybe to get into 1st at a very slow roll

Comment

yeah, fair enough, i only usually single rev match from 6th to 3rd when im cruising at 60-80kph and slow down to say 40kph real quick

i rarely downshfit to 2nd at high rpm since my 2nd is getting weak and has the tendacy to grind lol

Comment

A crash course in transmissions and shifting (to potentially avoid grinding)

Originally posted by BAU53 View Post
          yeah, fair enough, i only usually single rev match from 6th to 3rd when im cruising at 60-80kph and slow down to say 40kph real quick

i rarely downshfit to 2nd at high rpm since my 2nd is getting weak and has the tendacy to grind lol
          Where your from u must have very flat straight roads with little traffic. Every time I go into hyper miler mode and chuck it into 5th or 6th at 60kph, there will be a red light, a car slowin down or a hill and I need to Downshift again. Sigh

Comment

Working...
          X