Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
    you're a fucken retard.

would you rather i start an entirely new thread for a shitty question like that? its relevant to the topic, its not a troll, its not obnoxious in anyway of form. i dont see where you could have possibly pulled a problem out of
    did i say start a new thread?

I said: think about the possible answer

plus - if you actually read *this* thread, the OP has stated that the recommended oil is 10W-40...

so asking "why do fn2 owners run 40 weight" is pretty redundant after this sort of information has already been conveyed...
    ... retired/

Comment

i was recommended by everyone to go 5w30

by ep3 and dc5 owners. and Dede. and Josh. by people in this very forum. just not on THIS thread.

Comment

i was recommended by everyone to go 5w30
        do you have an FN2R?
        ... retired/

Comment

no. which is why i wanted to ask, whats the difference between k20a and k20z4 that warrants 40 weight being recommended.

out of curiosity. cos learning is good

Comment

whats the difference between k20a and k20z4 that warrants 40 weight being recommended.
            about 6 years difference...

the K20A was the first varient of the K series - I'd dare say Honda has got a LOT of miles under its belt in terms of research & development (blown engines etc) and may have determined that cumulative changes in design and manufacturing materials have lead to a 5W-40 being more appropriate...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              about 6 years difference...

the K20A was the first varient of the K series - I'd dare say Honda has got a LOT of miles under its belt in terms of research & development (blown engines etc) and may have determined that cumulative changes in design and manufacturing materials have lead to a 5W-40 being more appropriate...
              thanks. thats all i wanted to hear.

Comment

Working...
              X