• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Engine Oil for FN2R?

Most people say Honda FEO.
    but any chance there other is better?

Car done about 70,000KM
    $50-70 price range?

K series from factory ran a 10w40 i believe! So stick with that!

I run Nulon 10w40 Fully syntethic no dramas ever!
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

If your using the car for everyday/weekend driving, Honda FEO should be perfectly fine, even for spirited runs..

If your tracking your car then possibly go for something else but you've left minimal information to your question so I'll assume your talking about everyday driving

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
        If your using the car for everyday/weekend driving, Honda FEO should be perfectly fine, even for spirited runs..

If your tracking your car then possibly go for something else but you've left minimal information to your question so I'll assume your talking about everyday driving
        Use motul

It's good for "spirited weekend driving"

I.e. Granny shifting with some 8000rpm shifting if opportunity presents itself for small bursts.
        Last edited by fr4n; 11-11-12, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Viikfacee View Post
          Most people say Honda FEO.
          but any chance there other is better?

Car done about 70,000KM
          $50-70 price range?
          Honda FEO is a semi-synthetic 5W-30 oil which isn't the 10W-40 weight that the Integra manual suggests. Honda use this in their Integras, so either weight will be fine if your potting around town or going for the occasional spirited drive, especially if you change your oil frequently (eg. every 5,000kms).

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
          Agreed with above - if you're tracking your car or intend on only changing the oils at extended intervals (say, 10,000kms) then you might want to look into a synthetic oil (over the semi-synthetic Honda FEO), as these oils will provide better protection.

Will you be seeing the track or an extended service interval?
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Penrite is any good? i've been using nulon a lot in my previous cars

Comment

nothing but motul 8100 x-cess for me!
              Project TOPLESS

Comment

Nulon 10w-40 We run this on street/track cars
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Pretty sure FEO is a 10W-30. What does the FN2R owner's manual recommend?

Penrite is any good? i've been using nulon a lot in my previous cars
                  You still haven't stated what you use the car for? People can't tell you whether an oil is good or bad without a tiny bit of information at least from you.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Pretty sure FEO is a 10W-30. What does the FN2R owner's manual recommend?

You still haven't stated what you use the car for? People can't tell you whether an oil is good or bad without a tiny bit of information at least from you.
                    Street and it 10w-40

Comment

Street and it 10w-40
                      How often will you be changing the oil and oil filter in the car? Every 5,000kms or 10,000kms?

If every 5,000kms, I'd say you could use a mineral based 10W-40 (less than $50) and an OEM oil filter and get away with that.

If every 10,000kms, I'd recommend a synthetic 10W-40 and possibly look at a better oil filter too.
                      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

I run Valvoline Synpower 10w-40 fully synthetic, sometimes supercheap sells em for about $49 on sale. Never had any troubles as a daily.

Comment

how come all the fn2 guys run 40 weight?

i thought 30 weight was best for an engine like the k20.

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                            how come all the fn2 guys run 40 weight?
                            did you think about the possible answer before hitting Submit Reply?

this is the technical forum and has different rules to chat threads - please think more before you post.
                            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              did you think about the possible answer before hitting Submit Reply?

this is the technical forum and has different rules to chat threads - please think more before you post.
                              you're a fucken retard.

would you rather i start an entirely new thread for a shitty question like that? its relevant to the topic, its not a troll, its not obnoxious in anyway of form. i dont see where you could have possibly pulled a problem out of

Comment

Working...
                              X