This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to increase fuel pressure DC5

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in regards to increasing fuel pressure on my integra.

my current fuel setup is standard, with rdx 410 cc injectors running on e85.

I am seeing 92% injector duty cycle at 7400 rpm, and thats where my power falls off due to the standard PRB intake manifold. I am planning on getting an rbc , 70mm TB and a 3 inch catback very soon. I know this will increase airflow and allow me to make power above 7400 rpm, and therefore i am positive that i will max these injectors out.

Apparently if the fuel pressure is increased to 70 psi, the RDX injectors will flow up to 550cc, and this is more than enough for my setup. I DO NOT want to replace my injectors as i just got them 2 months ago.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me technical info on how to do this reliably, as this seems like my best option. Thank you in advance

I believe Adrian at toda had a tool to tighten the pressure relief valve in fuel pump craddle increasing fuel pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by UNDR8D View Post
      I would appreciate if anyone can give me technical info on how to do this reliably, as this seems like my best option. Thank you in advance
      you need to run an "adjustable fuel pressure regualtor" - tell us your budget and we can help you price up all the parts
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        you need to run an "adjustable fuel pressure regualtor" - tell us your budget and we can help you price up all the parts
        DC5s run a "returnless" system so the fuel pressure regulator is in the tank integral with the pump, so it's a pretty big job to fit a regulator in the engine bay requiring a return line to the tank etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          so it's a pretty big job to fit a regulator in the engine bay
          or is it?

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/h...regulator.html

but i'd assume you still need to modify/delete the intank regulator

opps, you'd still ened a return line.

ignore all of my posts.
          Last edited by tinkerbell; 07-11-12, 02:32 PM.
          ... retired/

Comment

Working...
          X