Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about cusco?
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Hella old thread!

I now have a Cusco 1.5 way RS dif. It's very nice for the street, and great for a bit of track work too.

Just wanted to add some info in this thread, from what I have experienced with different fluids.

I have found out how important it is to use the correct LSD/gearbox fluid.

When ISMR installed the dif, they used Motul FWD Type II LSD gearbox oil. The dif was QUIET as, and it felt great!

I then bedded it in, and changed the gearbox oil to NEO racing LSD oil for a day at wakefield. The dif was knocking VERY loudly, felt weird, and yeah was loud and ugly sounding and scary.

Went to track, relised my drive shaft seal was screwed and lost pretty much all my oil over the weekend. Got the car back to Sydney, and ISMR put in Tomei LSD oil. This was much better than the NEO, and the dif was smoother, more quiet, and felt much better - was no way near as good as the Motul.

Then waited a few days until ISMR got some Motul FWD Type II LSD gearbox oil in stock and changed it back. WOW! As quiet as a stock dif, and just as smooth. No knocking sound what so ever. Best g/b oil EVER!!

It was an expensive track day! And using 3 different types of g/b oil, and 4 changes was a costly exercise, but I learnt alot about oils. Anyways... my point of this post it to emphasise how much of a difference G/B oil makes. The differences noted in all 3 oils were extremely different. so yeah if you have an aftermarket dif... use the correct oils.

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by euGeR View Post
        Is there any value in upgrading the OEM to Quaife = Helical gear Type?
        anyone?

btw, helical gear type can only be 1 way?
        1.5 and 2 way only possible with clucthes?
        Last edited by K.C.; 13-08-08, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X