No announcement yet.

How should I lower my DC5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good point So what do really defines comfort without sacrificing handling?

Comment

like i said its a compromise.

on a scale fro 0-10 with comfort on one end and pure raw gokart handling at the other end.

where do you want to be. for street? for track? bit of both?

gotta decide on that then you can do research on which sussy setup for your needs

Comment

~7? It's purely for street use, I'll never use it on the track. So far I'm thinking I may be best off with Koni shocks and Eibach Pro Kit or Sportline springs.

Comment

If u wanted a silky smooth ride mate, u prob shouldn't have brought an integra. Just buy some coilovers and set to soft.. It's not as bad as u think!

See if some1 on here from sydney is willing to take ya for a spin! Then u can get an understanding of what it's like!

Personally I daily my type S it's had bc RSD's for 4 years and now has tein type HA's. Roads round my area are shit as.

Never seen a track either.
          FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Well I'm not expecting Aurion type smooth but just don't want to make matters worse, roads around my area are shocking too (pot holes, uneven roads galore - not to mention speed humps)

I saw in another forum they had pretty comfortable coilovers as they always have it set to soft so why are some people against coilovers and some are for? I looked at BC Coilovers for $1200 so they are within my budget, unsure about their reviews though so I'll have to look some up.

Comment

IMO koni yellows with eibach springs will save you money, give you a better ride and equal handling to entry level coilovers like the BCs. If you don't need the height adjustability or adjustable camber tops, go with the konis.

Comment

Originally posted by p33r View Post
                IMO koni yellows with eibach springs will save you money, give you a better ride and equal handling to entry level coilovers like the BCs. If you don't need the height adjustability or adjustable camber tops, go with the konis.
                X2 couldn't agree with this more

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                using Tapatalk
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'll go for the Koni + Eibach - if I were going to use it on a track I'd consider forking out a bit more $$ for coilovers but since its purely for street use it seems the Koni/Eibach's will be the better solution for me, now I've just got to decide whether I want the Pro Kit or Sportline

Comment

Originally posted by iamvinny View Post
                    Thanks guys, I think I'll go for the Koni + Eibach - if I were going to use it on a track I'd consider forking out a bit more $$ for coilovers but since its purely for street use it seems the Koni/Eibach's will be the better solution for me, now I've just got to decide whether I want the Pro Kit or Sportline
                    The sportline drop is a little bit low for the konis (I think they recommend up to a 1.5inch drop?). I've heard a lot of guys in the states blowing their konis after riding hard on their sportlines so maybe go with the pro kit if you wanna preserve the life of your shocks.

Pro kit is low enough for me anyways

Comment

Very good point, with the roads in my area not sure the sportline kit would be too understanding either lol :P (Sydney roads aren't exactly spick and span unfortunately) - they've just fixed up a main one near me and what do they put in the middle of a long stretch of clean road? 2 raised blocks, maybe a water main or something so every time you cruise down that road the left side of your car gets a nice couple of thumps.

Comment

If your not worried about spending some dough on good coilovers, go for a set of Endless Zeal Super function. Cannot praise the Zeals enough! Im running them myself and loving them

Comment

i wouldnt look past bc coilovers if its for everyday.. i drive 2 hours a day and mine feel comfortable.. prob just used to em :/ iv had them in every one of my cars lol

Comment

Working...
                          X