How should I lower my DC5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should I lower my DC5?

I was just about to install an Eibach Pro Kit to drop it 1-1.5" which is perfect for me as I drive over speed humps and rough roads daily but after a major service I found out my front shocks are leaking.

Any idea's on what I should do? I'd like a comfortable ride as its 100% for street use, cheers &hello, I'm new!

bc br cilovers or buddyclub n+

Comment

Silvermax neo coilovers i think they are called best street coilover and priced so well

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

If you were going to be happy with the mild lowering of the Eibach springs then I'd consider just replacing your shocks with some Koni Sports. Have a look on ClubRSX, I'd put money on there being reviews floating around of that exact spring and damper combination.

Comment

GAB HA coilover (height adjustable only) GAB SS (damper and height) or GAB SS-R (bump and rebound plus height adjustability).
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

My question for you is - how much you willing to spend?
            CLEMENTE

Comment

So you mean Eibech Pro Kit + Koni Shocks? I wonder if its just a matter of time before the stock rear shocks are out. I'd like my budget to be ~$1000 because I didn't expect to have to change my shocks etc originally it was just switching springs unfortunately.

Comment

if you have $1000 budget - try to look for second hand coilover (obviously in excellent condition)

or add couple of hundred for brand new

coilover will give you more options than springs
                CLEMENTE

Comment

The BC Coilovers are about $1200 but would it still ride comfortably? They're adjustable etc too.

Comment

yeah you can adjust height and damper
                    should be ok, I used to have them in my CL9
                    feels alright

I am actually planning to get BC in next couple
                    of months for my Stagea, cause I don't like
                    the Nismo tune spring I currently have
                    CLEMENTE

Comment

Originally posted by iamvinny View Post
                      So you mean Eibech Pro Kit + Koni Shocks? I wonder if its just a matter of time before the stock rear shocks are out. I'd like my budget to be ~$1000 because I didn't expect to have to change my shocks etc originally it was just switching springs unfortunately.
                      Yep I mean Koni sports at all four corners + the springs you already have. You can get the Konis for around $550 to $600 USD + shipping so around $700 like here: LINK Well within your budget and I think it will get the result you are looking for, but as I said look for impressions of people with the same setup on ClubRSX, and just confirm that the springs you have will work well with the Konis as they are stock length and will not tolerate too much lowering.

Comment

What difference would I notice personally between a stock setup (what I have now), BC Coilovers and a Koni + Eibach Spring setup? Thanks for the replies!

I'm tempted to just drop it on Eibach's for a while and see how I go then once the front shocks start giving me trouble swap them over for a front set of Koni shocks or something but then with coilovers it seems like an 'all in one' option. As mentioned before Sydney roads are crap, pot holes and speed humps on a daily basis but it'd be nice to have a smoother ride.

Comment

I'm tempted to just drop it on Eibach's for a while and see how I go then once the front shocks start giving me trouble swap them over for a front set of Koni shocks or something but then with coilovers it seems like an 'all in one' option. As mentioned before Sydney roads are crap, pot holes and speed humps on a daily basis but it'd be nice to have a smoother ride.
                          I would recommend just replacing all in one go. Do it right the first time. Less headaches, save money on labour, save time and a much better ride. You will enjoy the car more too.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks for the replies. What about comfort? I've read a few instances where people have found that although the car handles better, its a much firmer ride in a sense that every crack and bump is felt while newer cars, an example as of recent was a new Toyota Aurion which I know is different (family car, sedan etc) but its an incredibly smooth ride. Any tips on how I'd achieve that?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. What about comfort? I've read a few instances where people have found that although the car handles better, its a much firmer ride in a sense that every crack and bump is felt while newer cars, an example as of recent was a new Toyota Aurion which I know is different (family car, sedan etc) but its an incredibly smooth ride. Any tips on how I'd achieve that?
                              It's always gonna be a compromise. Aurion is silky smooth but then again, who said it handled like a go kart in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                              X