No announcement yet.

Can't put car into any gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the shifter cable and bushes on top of the transmission for any obstructions, first easy thing to check off as I have heard if things lodged up there that prevented shifting

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
      Check the shifter cable and bushes on top of the transmission for any obstructions, first easy thing to check off as I have heard if things lodged up there that prevented shifting
      This.

Remove the intake (If you are running OEM, Mugen, SRI, Gruppe M etc), and you'll see the top of the gearbox. You'll see a brass/gold coloured items on top. Make sure there isn't anything getting in the way. Have someone sit in the car and try to select a gear.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
        Thanks stevan. Yeah that's the first thing I'm going to check out. Didn't have time last night coz I had to sleep for work

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          This.

Remove the intake (If you are running OEM, Mugen, SRI, Gruppe M etc), and you'll see the top of the gearbox. You'll see a brass/gold coloured items on top. Make sure there isn't anything getting in the way. Have someone sit in the car and try to select a gear.
          Alright sweet, I'll do that as soon as I get the chance too!

Comment

Had the same problem as you. Did what felixR said, changed the clutch master cylinder and it has been working fine ever since

Comment

Working...
            X