Can't put car into any gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't put car into any gear

Tonight on the way to my mates house, I noticed my car wouldn't go into any gear even with the clutch in, after I had come to a complete stop i realised that I couldn't put it into first gear while trying to take off. The clutch pedal also feels really loose and soft. The car is 02 DC5R and it has a toda chrome-Molly flywheel and clutch. Any ideas on what it could be?

Jason

Checked clutch master cylinder? Any fluid in there?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Yeah it's right up at the maximum line

Comment

Could be the pressure plate or clutch too
        Moiz
        無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Check engagement at slave cylinder and clutch fork

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. Forgot to mention that I was engaging vtec a few times and before this happened so this may have contributed to the problem.

Comment

Why would vtec cause this?

Comment

Did u hear any snaps? I reckon your clutch master cylinder snapped or something. My mates one went *clunk!!*. That that he had the same deal as you. Except his one was after firing up the engine

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                  I don't think he's saying it caused it. He's just telling us the events before this ordeal happening. Who knows, It could help diagnose the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                    Not saying that the vtec caused the problem. Just mentioning that I was driving the car a bit hard before the problem occurred.

Comment

sounds like you have broken something, clutch most likely, as DC2-PWR says - probably pressure plate.

sorry, but it's too hard to diagnose over the internet...
                      ... retired/

Comment

How old is your clutch and flywheel? and how often you give it a squirt?
                        CLEMENTE

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyy168 View Post
                          Did u hear any snaps? I reckon your clutch master cylinder snapped or something. My mates one went *clunk!!*. That that he had the same deal as you. Except his one was after firing up the engine
                          I recall hearing a clunk at one point and it was really noticeable too.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            sounds like you have broken something, clutch most likely, as DC2-PWR says - probably pressure plate.

sorry, but it's too hard to diagnose over the internet...
                            Yeah could be anything do to with the clutch system.

Yeah, I thought I'd post it up to see if anyone had any similar problems so they could help.

Comment

Originally posted by pbk1776 View Post
                              How old is your clutch and flywheel? and how often you give it a squirt?
                              The clutch has done approximately 50,000km since its last rebuild. I mostly drive the car on weekends, so not too often.

Comment

Working...
                              X