No announcement yet.

Acura rsx wheels (Vs AUDM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im pretty set on a set of wheels I have found in 18 X 7.5 (+35). Hopefully these should be sweet (my car is rather low though). +42 seems to be what most of the guys are running on RSX's but they seem to like running wider rims than 7.5. Im probably going to take my chances with the above offset (+35) as these wheels are in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by sparta9000 View Post
      Im pretty set on a set of wheels I have found in 18 X 7.5 (+35). Hopefully these should be sweet (my car is rather low though). +42 seems to be what most of the guys are running on RSX's but they seem to like running wider rims than 7.5. Im probably going to take my chances with the above offset (+35) as these wheels are in stock.
      What size tyres are you thinking of running on the new rims?

When you get the new rims and tyres fitted, if you get time, I'd be interested on how the combination fits and what they look like on your car.

Comment

I was thinking of 215's.

I am going to order these rims now rather than buy the ones in stock as I prefer the darker colour so I now can decide between +35 and +42 - I am still edging towards +35 though. If anyone is interested - I have decided to go with the rays 99b in gunmetal - something a little different.

Attached Files

Comment

i would go with 225's on an 18 x 7.5, all the 215's i've seen are a 35 profile and look a little thin on the rims and you'll have a better choice of tyres.
          going off my 18 x 7.5 +43 i rekon that +35 offset would just fit, tho you'll prolly need a camber kit to even it out a bit.

those rims will look hot, just need a BBK to fill out the gaps a little
          Last edited by matt; 17-12-06, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I just got off the phone with jdm imports and he has received confirmation from Rays that the (+35) will fit the audm dc5. Now comes the waiting - Bring on February!!

Comment

[quote=Evatec;30435]
              Originally posted by Jingers View Post
              I understand your worry, i also realised you asked the same question 2-3 times.

What im saying is

A few members including I have run 30mm offset on the AUDM dc5r. I think that should be as clear as anything for you.

good luck with your wheel choices

I also recommend you to find more comptent importers.

17X7.5 30mm offset right there

17X7.5" 30mm on my car

End Quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Hi, your rims/spoon brakes etc look real nice. Just wondering what size tyre you are running on the rim. Looks like a 215/50 x 17 or something. Only reason I am asking is that the tyre doesn't seem to extend much past the rim. If you ran a wider tyre, (and I can see you suspension is lowered over standard), the tyre might start touching on the guard.

With a greater offset, one can certainly run much bigger tyres. For example, on my JDM DC5R, I run 17 x 8.5 +47mm offset CE28N Rays on the front. With 225/45x17 tyres, clearance is fine with the guard. I am able to run 255/40x17 tyres on the front with these rims and just get some contact with the tyre and guard when racing. Very very minimal. I also have a AUS DC5R. The difference in clearance between the two cars is very minimal as far as fitting rims and tyres.

On the back of my JDM car, I run 17 x 7.5 +50mm offset CE28N Rays. With 225/45 x 17 tyres, there are no clearance problems. Currently, I run 235/45 x 17 tyres on the back when racing with the 7.5" rims and right on the limit as far as clearance goes.

Now, considering my front rims again, if I had 7.5" wide rims instead of 8.5", then I could get away with an offset of +34.3mm (25.4mm / 2 = 12.7, 47mm - 12.7mm = 34.3mm) and be no worse off as far as tyre to guard clearance goes with the size tyres I am running.
              HI

I believe i was running 215 back then on 45 profile, tires were s03

Comment

Working...
              X