Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura rsx wheels (Vs AUDM)

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the us Acura rsx runs the same wheel offsets as our local dc5 Type R? Iam asking because there are hundreds of examples on clubRSX of wheel sizes and offsets that people have fitted to their cars. Basically will a particular size wheel fit the same to a type r as to an acura?

Cheers,

?? but didn't you already ask what the optimised offset/width is?

I thought we answered it already

7.5" 30mm-35mm offset. I don't think you really need anything else.

Comment

Come on dude - Im just trying to triple check because every work / rays distributer says that even 35 wont fit and that they cant guarantee them. Therefore if the RSX has the same offset - there are hundreds of examples of wheels and offsets that fit. Basically Iam being told by wheel importers that Iam crazy trying to order 18 X 7.5 (+35) for a dc5. No need for the attitude mate - I have taken everything on board people have told me on this board - I simply dont want to order the wrong wheels.

ben

Comment

I understand your worry, i also realised you asked the same question 2-3 times.

What im saying is

A few members including I have run 30mm offset on the AUDM dc5r. I think that should be as clear as anything for you.

good luck with your wheel choices

I also recommend you to find more comptent importers.

17X7.5 30mm offset right there

Same car

again

17X7.5" 30mm on my car

Last edited by Jingers; 15-12-06, 11:22 AM.

Comment

those wheel poeple might also be going off the JDM model, which runs a offset of 60.

i wouldn't be suprised, as the few times i have gone to look for mags, the person behind the counter has no idea what they are talking about..... if you have looked into it, and researched it, then what they have to say can be void.

Comment

Cheers for that guys. I will just go with what I know and what you have told me rather than what the wheel guys tell me. I promise my next thread will be photo's of the wheels rather than more offset questions.

ben

Comment

so have you decided which ones to get?

Comment

Either cr kai in 18X7.5 (+35) or rays G-games 99B in the same specs.

Comment

cr kai please maybe white cr kai. droolllllllllll

Comment

You know what - I was always set on bronze or gunmetal - but after seeing this picture - white could look freakin awesome on a blue type R! (and a little different to the norm)

Attached Files

Comment

White FTW

Comment

Okay noob question - what does FTW mean?

Comment

For the win

Comment

[QUOTE=Jingers;30304]I understand your worry, i also realised you asked the same question 2-3 times.

What im saying is

A few members including I have run 30mm offset on the AUDM dc5r. I think that should be as clear as anything for you.

good luck with your wheel choices

I also recommend you to find more comptent importers.

17X7.5 30mm offset right there

17X7.5" 30mm on my car

End Quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Hi, your rims/spoon brakes etc look real nice. Just wondering what size tyre you are running on the rim. Looks like a 215/50 x 17 or something. Only reason I am asking is that the tyre doesn't seem to extend much past the rim. If you ran a wider tyre, (and I can see you suspension is lowered over standard), the tyre might start touching on the guard.

With a greater offset, one can certainly run much bigger tyres. For example, on my JDM DC5R, I run 17 x 8.5 +47mm offset CE28N Rays on the front. With 225/45x17 tyres, clearance is fine with the guard. I am able to run 255/40x17 tyres on the front with these rims and just get some contact with the tyre and guard when racing. Very very minimal. I also have a AUS DC5R. The difference in clearance between the two cars is very minimal as far as fitting rims and tyres.

On the back of my JDM car, I run 17 x 7.5 +50mm offset CE28N Rays. With 225/45 x 17 tyres, there are no clearance problems. Currently, I run 235/45 x 17 tyres on the back when racing with the 7.5" rims and right on the limit as far as clearance goes.

Now, considering my front rims again, if I had 7.5" wide rims instead of 8.5", then I could get away with an offset of +34.3mm (25.4mm / 2 = 12.7, 47mm - 12.7mm = 34.3mm) and be no worse off as far as tyre to guard clearance goes with the size tyres I am running.
                            Last edited by Evatec; 16-12-06, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparta9000 View Post
                              Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the us Acura rsx runs the same wheel offsets as our local dc5 Type R? Iam asking because there are hundreds of examples on clubRSX of wheel sizes and offsets that people have fitted to their cars. Basically will a particular size wheel fit the same to a type r as to an acura?

Cheers,
                              The Acura RSX Type S is basically the same car as the AUS DC5R including axles, steering nuckles and brake calipers go.

In my opinion, if you want to run a lowered car with wide tyres, then I suggest staying with an offset greater than 38mm. If you have after-market brake calipers on your AUS DC5, then you may need to run less offset for the rims to clear the calipers. For example, the JDM DC5 runs brembo front calipers that require approximately 10mm more clearance than the AUS DC5R standard brake caliper.

Comment

Working...
                              X