Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

specs on torquing volk rays duralumin nuts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

specs on torquing volk rays duralumin nuts??

hi guys,
    i know for stock steel nuts, ull torque 80ft.lbs or 108Nm. just wanna know what are the specs on these aluminium nuts?? my friend told me to only torque it to 65ft.lbs/88Nm

they are geniune ofcourse

Comment

I just torque my wheel nuts 80 and be happy. Been doing that for all brands I've used, Rays, Work, Kics & Mcgard.

Comment

I'm probably a massive fail but I just tighten till I think they are tight as shit hahaha
        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
        F1 Nut

Comment

Haha same

Comment

LOL.
            Mate of mine was talking about this the other day.. I was like "You got a torque wrench?"

He's like "Nah, I just get a breaker bar, lean on it, and stand on it. I call it FT. F'ing tight"

Me "o.o ....."

Mate: "Well you don't want em coming loose do ya?"

Personally I'm not sure if I'll do the same :P

But yeh, just go with factory specs
            I think I've read on other lug manufacturers like McGard etc. to torque them to factory settings. =]

Enjoy them, they look sweet!

Comment

i did some research that if u over tighten them. ull fck up ur thred lol

Comment

Yup that is true.
                Especially with these aluminium nuts, the threads don't hold up as well as steel or titanium.

Comment

i just use a breaker bar. till its tight n thats it.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

How do you gauge how tight the nuts are alex?
                    Do you leave them tightened like that for track use too?

Comment

since its aluminium. ill torque it at 88Nm (65ft.lbs) haha

Comment

I still reckon go factory specs man, and then re-check couple of days later.

Comment

80ft.lbs

But sell them and get some steel nuts, or just make sure you don't track with these nuts

Comment

i dun fink theres anything wrong with tracking those nuts. they are strong and lighter than steel nuts. u just have to be careful from over tightening them because thred can fck up easiler than steel

Comment

Torque them to factory specs and punch your friend in the groin. The nuts are there to clamp the wheel to the hub so that wheel loads are transferred to the hub through friction at the wheel/hub interface. They must be the correct tightness to provide the correct clamping load.

Also those aluminium nuts are not stronger than a typical steel wheel nut, that is just marketing garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X