K24 with K20 head or JDM K20?? Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K24 with K20 head or JDM K20?? Help please

Hey guys i know this topic has been covered in another post of mine but I want more opinions! What would u guys have in your car? Either the k24 with k20 head or just to work the jdm k20a! Anybody with either of these setups please give your opinions and the run down on what u would chose and why! As I'm finding it a very hard choice! Thanks guys

What are you trying to build/achieve?

ie. a quicker street car, a car to race in a sprint series, a bang for buck mod...?
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

If I was you.
      I'd sell the JDM K20A to recouperate funds.

Then I'd go with a K24. Cost you about 1K max. Buy a 2006+ one so you get an oil cooler too. ALSO go to oemacuraparts.com and order a K20 VTC. Put her in. To do that I will need Hasport engine mounts, and a KPRO plus tune to get it running I'd want I/H/E to save on costs of retuning. To save on labour I'd also buy a lightened flywheel and HD clutch.

But since you have the K20 head I'd do a frank. So you get the best of both worls. Your going to need additional parts and money.

K24 for cheap power.
      K0/24 for exxy domination.
      Last edited by DakDak; 18-04-12, 08:08 PM.
      The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
        What are you trying to build/achieve?

ie. a quicker street car, a car to race in a sprint series, a bang for buck mod...?
        Basically and all rounder! more so super quick street car that I can race!

Comment

Still got your audm k20 head ? did that get damaged ?

Comment

k24/k20
            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
            http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
              Still got your audm k20 head ? did that get damaged ?
              As far as ino the head did not get damaged I need to check it out! I was thinking put this on the k24??

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
                Basically and all rounder! more so super quick street car that I can race!
                Race, as in race in a particular series? If so, you might want to consider sticking to a 2L to fit into a particular class.

Otherwise if your not worried about engineering/registration costs of a K24 or sticking to a 2L motor, my vote would go to dropping in a K24 and using that as a base for future mods.
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Race, as in race in a particular series? If so, you might want to consider sticking to a 2L to fit into a particular class.

Otherwise if your not worried about engineering/registration costs of a K24 or sticking to a 2L motor, my vote would go to dropping in a K24 and using that as a base for future mods.
                  +1. This guy knows what's up, although I think he might be biased. If you already have a K20 head then definitely put together a K20/24, you won't regret the extra capacity. If you don't already have a spare intact K20 head then the more economical option might be to just swap a complete K24A3 as mentioned above and then get rid of your K20.

Whether you want to do drag or circuit work, the K24 will work well.

Comment

I was thinking about the engineering and registration! How much do they cost roughly to do something like this? Sorry for being so green lol

Comment

How much research have you done into this yourself?

Are you planning to do any of the work yourself?

How much money do you have to spend?

How much time do you have to go without a car?

These are just some simple questions that need to be answered before you even consider doing ANYTHING.

Comment

Roughly how much would a K24/20 setup cost? From Ground up?

Not inclusive of labour.

Comment

Prices for a K frank will vary as it depends on how much it costs to source both the K20 & K24, then what bolt on's you decide to upgrade.

For a good place to research K series info, check out www.k20a.org
                          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Well if his K20 head is still intact from the blown engine, he can use that and go look for a K24 block. If there are any available ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                              Well if his K20 head is still intact from the blown engine, he can use that and go look for a K24 block. If there are any available ...
                              Hopefully my k20a2 head is sweet still, if it is I'll use it, Fingers crossed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X