Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benson View Post
    It all depends on your future plans

If you go K24 powerplant, you will need a tunable ECU (i.e hondata Kpro). You can retain all factory headers and intake system, but its recommended to upgrade these items while your at it

A K20 engine replacement is straight forward and there is no fuss. Simply take out and replace.

If you were to keep the car and do bolt-ons to the K20, i would stick in a K24 and work off that platform

Send me a PM if you want more details
    Will do!! Thanks

Comment

You have the parts. K series frank. Cant believe you got.an.actual.jdm k20. Bet that hurt the wallet.
      The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
        You have the parts. K series frank. Cant believe you got.an.actual.jdm k20. Bet that hurt the wallet.
        What do u mean you have your parts?
        Lol yea it did, I didn't need the transmission don't forget!

Comment

^ If you get a k24 block and pair it with a k20 head ... with type r gearbox there are good gains from it! Providing you have full exhaust, intake mani, throttle body and kpro for tune. BYP have done it and provided a dyno sheet somewhere on facebook. You should have a look there!

Comment

Buy a k24 bottom end.
            Use the k20 head.
            K20/24 = Frankenstein they say.

Then there is the K24/26 but we won't discuss that...

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
              ^ If you get a k24 block and pair it with a k20 head ... with type r gearbox there are good gains from it! Providing you have full exhaust, intake mani, throttle body and kpro for tune. BYP have done it and provided a dyno sheet somewhere on facebook. You should have a look there!
              So giving I do this guys including the mods, what will my result be? Will it be as thrilling as driving A k20a!

Comment

You will be looking at 150kw+ with a K frank setup depending on what cams etc you run and if you tune for E85. You will find the bottom end torque alot more fun and the power will be alot more usable alot more of the time. If you want to take it to the next level, ERL 2.6L stroker kit (K24 block) with K20 head =]
                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                  You will be looking at 150kw+ with a K frank setup depending on what cams etc you run and if you tune for E85. You will find the bottom end torque alot more fun and the power will be alot more usable alot more of the time. If you want to take it to the next level, ERL 2.6L stroker kit (K24 block) with K20 head =]
                  Hmm! I like the sound of that lol

Comment

Working...
                  X