Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM K20a ADM k20a2 engine swap

Hey guys,

I recently bought a jdm k20a from canada, I'm putting the engine in my Aussie spec dc5r! I just want to know if theres anything u guys know of that I'll have to changed or bye to perform the swap. Ive been told it's a bolt in fit and I've done research and can not find much! The transmission and exhaust is just au factory but ino the jdm manifold is different! Help would be appreciated as I'm kind of a biginer cheers!

Is ya au k20 blown?? Why u doin a engine swap??
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Is ya au k20 blown?? Why u doin a engine swap??
      Sure did blow threw a conrod out of the block

Comment

Just a straight drop in.

Comment

Everything will line up and can be used.
          Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
          http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

I have a JDM K20A ECU if you want it
            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

^ that will help with the Jdm power out put
              Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
              http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                I have a JDM K20A ECU if you want it
                Thanks very much but when I bought the long block it come with the ecu

Comment

Oh damn why didn't you go for a K24 ... and also you should look into engine mounts while your at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                    Oh damn why didn't you go for a K24 ... and also you should look into engine mounts while your at it!
                    Sorry if this sounds stupid how much better is the k24? I don't know a thing about it or even consider, please educate me lol?

Comment

k20. 2 L. k24 2.4 L Alot of poeple put the running gear from the k20 in to the k24.
                      sigpic
                      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        k20. 2 L. k24 2.4 L Alot of poeple put the running gear from the k20 in to the k24.
                        Yea that was the only difference I was aware of! Much of a power gain in the k24 considering?

Comment

K24 will have better torque through out the rev range. With similar mods K24 makes similar peak power as K20a, low to midrange K24 makes 10-15kw more.
                          BYP Racing & Developments
                          Built. Tuned. Driven
                          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                            K24 will have better torque through out the rev range. With similar mods K24 makes similar peak power as K20a, low to midrange K24 makes 10-15kw more.
                            Ohhh right is it deffs a better option and as easy to do? Basically is it worth selling the jdm k20 to by a k24?

Comment

It all depends on your future plans

If you go K24 powerplant, you will need a tunable ECU (i.e hondata Kpro). You can retain all factory headers and intake system, but its recommended to upgrade these items while your at it

A K20 engine replacement is straight forward and there is no fuss. Simply take out and replace.

If you were to keep the car and do bolt-ons to the K20, i would stick in a K24 and work off that platform

Send me a PM if you want more details
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                              X